Question

I did not upload any songs, but SC says I did?

• 23 February 2017
  • 1 reply

I have been on here for maybe 20 minutes and all of a sudden I get a message saying I have a copyright issue with a song I uploaded.... but I never uploaded the song, or any, for that matter. I am concerned as to how SC got this off my computers personal media program. What is more, I have no idea who to contact about the issue! The claims form does not allow for such things, only that I dispute the legality of the copyright. Ugh. Very frustrating, and worrying.

Has anyone else had something like this happen? Does anyone know how to go about fixing the situation or how to contact SC directly about it? Any information would be appreciated.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I've looked into this for you. It looks like your account is considerably older than 20 min. actually, and a track that was uploaded almost 2 years ago was blocked by our automated content ID system. Not entirely sure if you've just received a notification about the takedown (which would be odd), or if you just happened to see it now because you haven't been around for a minute.

Given this was an automatic takedown and not something the actual rights holder reported, there is nothing for you to worry about.

There is more info available here on our Help Center.

Cheers
Mathis