Question

I had a person who is following me! "John Di Stefano" I already blocked him!,_ but for my surprise this guy still following me!

• 2 June 2015
  • 8 replies

Unwanted follower!!!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Will,

Thanks for flagging this. This is indeed not expected behaviour and we are looking into it.

Thanks again for your patience,
Gina
@Ms Gina "Moderator" Please be quicly!... because he still there!!!... Please help me to remove this undesirable "creature/

spirit obsessor" from my profile!... Thanks in ADVANCE for your help!
Hi Will,

Thanks for flagging this. This is indeed not expected behaviour and we are looking into it.

Thanks again for your patience,
Gina

Dear Ms Gina!... Well... I was here just wondering!... How long "SoundClound" going to take for fix my problem?... and help me to put him OUT from my profile!... I want this unwanted follower "John Di Stefano" out from my profile as quickly as possible!!!... Don't tell me that now I have to have him against my own will in my profile following me for the rest of my life!... My patience is already coming to an end!!! ... However if the only way to fix my problem is just closing my SoundClound account... U know..."Please just let me know!" Kind regards 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Will,

You indeed have a sense of humour and a keen sense of commitment 😉. The news you want to hear - your account is follower free. We fixed this for you manually. This is more of a bandaid than a real fix. The reason this isn't a flip of a switch fix is because there are zero other cases of this happening, it appears to be only you (not so lucky you). We spent some time looking at your profile to find clues as to why this would occur. The only unique behaviour we found on your account is that you block every user that follows you. The block feature was meant to be used for trust and safety cases but it's clear that you simply do not want any followers, which isn't quite normal but hey to each it's own. You're free to use your profile however you'd like and we want to accommodate that.

However, since this "fix" was manual and no permanent backend change was made then we can only assume this error may occur again. May I please have permission to test some follow and blocks on your account? I understand you loathe the idea of followers but at least the surprise element is removed since I am giving you advanced notice and I promise to remove all experiments by end of day.

If you're simply content now and prefer to avoid profile testing thats cool too. For all we know maybe this was just an oddity with that one profile.

Whaddaya say?

-Gina
Hi Will,

You indeed have a sense of humour and a keen sense of commitment 😉. The news you want to hear - your account is follower free. We fixed this for you manually. This is more of a bandaid than a real fix. The reason this isn't a flip of a switch fix is because there are zero other cases of this happening, it appears to be only you (not so lucky you). We spent some time looking at your profile to find clues as to why this would occur. The only unique behaviour we found on your account is that you block every user that follows you. The block feature was meant to be used for trust and safety cases but it's clear that you simply do not want any followers, which isn't quite normal but hey to each it's own. You're free to use your profile however you'd like and we want to accommodate that.

However, since this "fix" was manual and no permanent backend change was made then we can only assume this error may occur again. May I please have permission to test some follow and blocks on your account? I understand you loathe the idea of followers but at least the surprise element is removed since I am giving you advanced notice and I promise to remove all experiments by end of day.

If you're simply content now and prefer to avoid profile testing thats cool too. For all we know maybe this was just an oddity with that one profile.

Whaddaya say?

-Gina

@Ms Gina... BINGO!!!... I don't want be followed by anyone on here or in facebook or whatever! "I have my reasons!!!"... and I'm not really interested in SoudClounds "Likes" whatsoever!... I just uploads my tracks for my OWN enjoyment!...and I just keep my tracks public on my profile ONLY because I'm forced by SoundClound to do that!... because if I put my tracks "Private"... u know... the link just doesn't work at all when i try to post my tracks in my own facebook page or whatever!... I'm not here searching or desperately looking for friendships, romance, likes, comments or for being followed by anyone!... Don't tell me that I have no right to be ALONE in my quiet corner without any followers!,lol... Thanks for your help!... Kind regards. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Will,

Yes, you absolutely have your reasons and that's cool. I was only offering to do further testing on your account to make sure you can successively block again. If you prefer not then I have no doubt that you will get in touch if this becomes a problem again in the future.

Hoping your quiet corner brings you peace :)

All the best,
Gina
@Ms Gina "Do whatever is extremely necessary to maintain all followers OUT from my profile!,Ok?" btw... I sincerely hope that all the "peace" and all the things that you possibly wish me God will give it back to you in double! ... U know... With interest and monetary correction!, Cheers!

@Ms Gina BTW my dear!... Who unblocked "John Di Stefano" from my block list?... Pls check this picture! "He's not there anymore!" Even after i had blocked him AGAIN today!... However he still NOT appearing in my block list! ... Plz can you tell me... "WHY?"...Does he have any super powers or just work or have some friends that works here at SoundClound able to always unblock him? "Just wondering!" Anyway appears to me that my problem is far from being solved!!!... Thanks in advance for your reply!