Sticky Question

I have a Copyright related question, who can I speak to?

Userlevel 4
Hello Community,

We understand you might have questions related to copyrights. At this time, copyright queries are not handled on the Help Community.

We're explaining what copyright means and how it is handled on SoundCloud on our Help Center. If you need to speak to our Copyright Team, please reach out to them directly.

Thank you for your understanding and all the best to you.

Cheers,
Mathis

This topic has been closed for comments

540 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copryright.

i have the problem! my track it is blocked from soundcloud why an a person talk ke my track is your work!!! its not true iiiiiiis my wooooooooork heeeeeeelp me
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copyright Notification - Case 13530004.

I bought all tracks from my Podcast in Beatport... and I'm not able to load it because your system!

What I need to do?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled posting a set/mix and copyright issues.

Dear friends, Soundcloud, experts, readers...

Simply and direct: How do I post a mix/set on Soundcloud without being caught with the copyright issues written here http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/topics/39593-legal/articles?!

Seems to me that some weeks ago things were a lot easier and that you changed the rules around the theme, right?

Is there a simple/easy step by step to follow to have success uploading a mix?

Thanks, happy holidays, Marcos.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copyright dispute with Scl.

Twice in a row this week, Scl blocked my Dj sets after uploading, incriminating each time my right to use the FIRST track of my sets : I've bought them both, & they're also on YouTube, so I just don't understand.. Furthermore, I've heard these tracks in other sets, published on Scl!!! So, I've understood what copyrights are, but in this very case, I don't understand! How are some Dj's allowed to use a track, when others don't?? In my second case, the track is an old one from Rampue : sounds just impossible to me that Rampue uses some strict copyrights on his tracks!! everybody plays his tracks!! anybody, an idea???? 'cause, twice in a row... I feel a bit desperate...
Please I made a mashup and each & everytime I try to upload it soundcloud block it for copy rights even though the songs or tracks am using are so popular , I wrote their names & I wrote that this is a mashup I never said its my own creation so please help !!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Copyright dispute is a joke - the track mentioned isnt in my set at all and still....

why does my dj mix gets banned eventho the track mentioned in the "copyright dispute" mail isnt in the mix? I mean common, i've been here since this page started small. we all pay money and i bought all my tracks and my fans like to hear my live dj sets.
as a sidenote: when you buy the tracks you already give an amount of money for copyright to the artist and in germany the club owners additionally pay GEMA which goes to the artists! so i paid twice + i dont earn money with the sets. i produce myself and all djs/producers i know are HAPPY if djs play their tracks in clubs / post here with tracklist. Its marketing and helps the artists a lot. they even send me the tracks to play and post the mixes. also mixes got banned and like 3000 other djs have exactly the same track in their mixes and they are still online. weird.
so i dont accept the decision to delete my last mix and i dont accept the "answer" i was getting when disputing the issue. Its a bot generated mail i assume as it didnt reply to my arguments/nor answered any question + the track which i "have in my set" as soundloud stated was NOT included. Still they say they keep it banned. I now wait a bit, when you guys wont set it back up, i quit my account and many many more too because this is just nonsense. this automatic system sucks and finds things in mixes which arent there and the support of SC isnt a help at all. very disappointed about this as this kills the community idea and spirit. Moksha Lane (S.Hartmann)
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Garageband Loops - Copyright infringement?.

I am getting my uploaded sermons blocked for possible copyright infringement simply because I have a short jingle from the Garageband App as an intro. I am keeping within the Garageband permissions which lets me use these loops/jingles for free. This is very frustrating to me! Anything that can be done?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My old account got blocked today.

My old account got blocked today Feb 7. 2015 because I was uploading copyrighted songs. All I want to know is if this is temporary. I want to know if im ever getting my account back. I want to know if soundcloud blocked my account forever since they didnt tell me anything. Thanks
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled why has souncloud deleted my mixtape after 9 months, straight after i uploaded a ....

soundcloud deleted my oldest mixtape after uploading a new one
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled radio sendung.

Radio Sendung. Songs rausgeschnitten.
Ich war in einer Radiosendung und habe diese zum upload. Songs habe ich rausgeschnitten (Fadeout, Fadein etwa 2 sekunden). Am Ende ist ein Song bei dem die Abmoderation läuft. Nach Ende der Abmoderation habe ich Fadeout.
Veröffentlichung wurde verweigert. Bin gespannt welche Reaktion von soundcloud kommt...
Señores Soundcloud,

El audio subido, corresponde a un programa de radio que se emite por internet. La canción "Esta es mi Tierra" no le pertenece a la Sra. Eva Ayllón, tampoco la canta en este audio. Los audios seleccionados para el programa, han sido obtenidos de internet, la mayoría de YouTube, y que son de dominio público.

Si ustedes consideran que transmitir un compendio de audios de Música Peruana, para que otros compatriotas en el mundo "NO LO PUEDAN OIR", entonces, retiraré el audio subido y además, cancelaré la cuenta. Si ustedes consideran que nuestros compatriotas y otras personas no deban escuchar música de nuestra patria, entonces muchos de nosotros, no continuaremos utilizando su servicio.
Hello I want to know Can I use music in the SoundCloud and used in YouTubeAnd the creation of a video clip.?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copyright protected content ????.

hello !!!

i have uploaded a rnb remix demo of "Kelly Clarkson - Heartbeat Song "
the upload had been fine but unfortunately today the track has been removed
(2 days after the upload)

i can see so many remixes on SoundCloud, so why my lovely stuff has been deleted
99% of remixes that i can listen on SoundCloud are not official ones

i ve read now SoundCloud is in deal with Universal, Kelly Clarkson is not even an Universal Artist xD

so do u think i should file a dispute ??? reload the song ??? or find new sharing platform ???

any advices are welcome

Peace & Love

rom H
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copyright.

I uploaded a cover and it got accepted.
I tried to upload an instrumental of the same and it got rejected.

The reason that the soundcloud system said it was rejected is because it somehow sounds too much like some other song by some different artist.

Can anyone explain why that happened?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What qualifies Nightcore as a genre that bypasses copyright law?.

'Nightcore' if I understand correctly, is an adjustment of pitch or tempo, to raise the speed of the rendered audio track. Why\How is it allowed to be 'available' while my Echomixes are continuously flagged for copyright infringement? It's like comparing a cardboard cutout-box shapped like a boat to a ship in a bottle. Echomixing requires layering and editing to complete; you don't get to run the track through a single filter. No echomix is available for sale or for download, and I feel cheated that their genre is ignored, while I am crafting something new\different. I feel like I am being subject to Earth laws while living on Mars.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why was my track blocked with no apparent reason?.

Dear SoundCloud,

I have just received a message from SoundCloud and it told me that my track was blocked because someone reported about copyrighted content. But that track was made by myself 100% from my music source. I need your help and I want you tell me more about this case or reinstate my track soon.

Thanks!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SoundCloud Deleted Sessió 4 P.D A Skar x Ràdio Terra.mp3 Dj Session Deleted.

I uploaded a DJ sesion on SoundCloud . Administrators have deleted SoundCloud Session Dj problems with Copiright . The session is: Sessió 4 P.D A Skar X Ràdio Terra.MP3 by P.D A Skar Contains the song of the musical group "La Gossa Sorda" entitled "Dona d'aigua". This is the song that does not allow me to upload . I sent an email to "La Gossa Sorda" asking permission to put the song and gave me permission. I explained to SoundCloud and the dispute has resulted Rejected . What can I do to raise my session? Who do I contact? Thanks!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled karaoke songs copyright.

There are so many karaoke vocal groups on here. So many I wonder how they post and not get nailed for copyright? I have 2 instrumental tracks that have been deleted due to copyright. These are instrumental songs that I paid for to sing over.

I guess my question is how do all of these people do this? Am I just lucky and picking songs that are part of the algorithms?

Would it be beneficial or help if I post my receipts of purchase? I contacted one of the companies and they said my receipt is permission for use.

Just frustrated, theres no way the thousands of karaoke singers are getting licenses.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problems with New Remixes....

Soundcloud, you delete one of my best remixes... why you do that?? because copyright? really? how many remixes are making right now in the world and posting it in Soundcloud!!? Why me? don't make sense... That's no the way, you know that this is the best form to go ahead in this Industry.. the last door and you do that? where's the money? you'll lost a lots of clients...
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I didn't reach upload maximal time but one of my track is hidden.

I recently uploaded a new sound of 1 hours and I previously added one of 54 minutes. But when I added the one of 1 hour, system told that he has hidden my 54 minute's song because I have only 56 minutes left. So now I've only 1 of my two song and 56 minutes left. And I have no way to show this hidden track to others..
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled COPYWRITE ISSUES/ WITCH HUNT.

I changed all my remixes to stream only yet the songs that were hit there are still plenty of remixes out there that are untampered with does anyone know how to successfully remix major artists records and not get hit with infringement no money was made on the tracks all were popular any help would be appreciated I think this was generated by a website I complained to the BBB ABOUT
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to delete a track with copyright infringement?.

I uploaded a track a long time ago. It was flagged as a track with copyright infringement. When I hoover over the track, the icon to delete does not appear. How can I delete these tracks? I don't care to dispute the copyright infringement. I simply want to delete it from my profile.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to remove the reference to tracks which were removed due to copyright dispute....

I have around 3 tracks which were removed by SoundCloud due to Copyright dispute.
They show as disabled in my Tracks list. How can I remove the reference ? Are the minutes of those tracks counted in the minutes I could record and upload to my SoundCloud account ?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Upload blocked because I used a non-copyrighted sample (dial-up modem) that was u....

I used this sample, which is licensed under Creative Commons, in a track I just uploaded: http://www.freesound.org/people/lintphishx/sounds/65786/. Soundcloud's algorithms matched it to the same sample in this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD_DCkePfE and flagged me for copyright violation, but I did not sample from that song at all. I tried to explain the situation in the dispute I filed, but it was promptly rejected. I maintain that I have not violated copyright and would like my track to be restored.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
noclip wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Upload blocked because I used a non-copyrighted sample (dial-up modem) that was u....

I used this sample, which is licensed under Creative Commons, in a track I just uploaded: http://www.freesound.org/people/lintphishx/sounds/65786/. Soundcloud's algorithms matched it to the same sample in this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbD_DCkePfE and flagged me for copyright violation, but I did not sample from that song at all. I tried to explain the situation in the dispute I filed, but it was promptly rejected. I maintain that I have not violated copyright and would like my track to be restored.

Hi noclip,

I'd suggest write in to our Copyrights team via email - they will be able to look into this for your straight away, whereas I have limit access to the necessary tools from my end. Feel free to let the team know we referred you from our help forum.

All the best
Mathis