Sticky Question

I have a Copyright related question, who can I speak to?

• 15 January 2015
  • 71 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

71 replies

As a music producer and studio owner paid by customers to write and compose music for them, I'd like to upload snippets without having to dispute all the time.

This is ridiculous. Since I'm the original copyright owner. Although the customers get their own deals with the labels, it should be possible for me to upload snippets without hassles.

What can I do?
Hey guys, I've been using Soundcloud Pro to create private links so we can share some unreleased music with press and festival organizers. Problem is, once we replace our old unmastered mixes with the proper masters, we still getting copyright notices. This happened not once, but twice for two different songs.

This makes absolutely no sense at all because:
1) we're the copyright owners
2) we're using the "replace track" function. If we replace the track with a completely different sounding one, we might as well upload a new track.
3) And even if we did upload a new track, we still get copyright notices

Point 2) is the main issue here. If I am replacing my own track, there's absolutely no reason why I should be getting a copyright notice. Please find some way to fix this!

Meanwhile, is anyone else getting this problem as well?
Hello - I am trying to upload a song that I wrote, performed and released through my own TINY digital label. I need to get it up on my page as BBC 6 Music introducing would like to play it, but insist that it's on Soundcloud. It's been blocked and I have put in a case - but hear nothing. Any advice?
Hello,

I'm having serious troubles with a wrong copyright claim against my own track. I already filed a dispute but how could I prove I'm the one and only copyright holder of my own track I upload on my own SC profile ?

As a result, the dispute got rejected.. Now I don't know what to do, there is no way to see who reported my track and no way to attach poofs in the dispute, no way to do anything.

I distribute my tracks worldwide thanks to Routenote so my track are protected, have an UPC/ISRC.

I need you help please.. So much effort put into making and promoting my tracks and I will get a strike for this...

Regards,

- T0NIT0 RMX

If you want to know more about me :
-> https://www.facebook.com/t0nit0rmx/about/
You can also find me on :
-> Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/
-> Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/t0nit0rmx
-> Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/t0nit0rmx
-> Twitter : https://twitter.com/T0NIT0RMX
An official remix I did for the band Everything Everything was flagged up for copyright infringement so I went through the process and explained how it was an official remix that was released by the band on their US EP and I have permission to upload it but my dispute was rejected and the song has been deleted by Soundcloud. Is there anything I can do about this? It was one of my most popular tracks on my Soundcloud. How do I contact Soundcloud to tell them they've made a mistake! So frustrating.
Im having the same problem. I recently posted a completely original track which was taken down. I lodged a dispute which was rejected with no explanation why. The track SC was comparing my track to sounds nothing alike and there is no way to ask for more information besides lodging another dispute.

Anyone have any advice as SC has not been very helpful.
Hey there!

This is pretty debated topic but I was wondering what the current rules on SoundCloud are for uploading bootleg remixes?
Do you need permission from the original owner of the song?
If so how would I do something like that?

Thanks heaps
Hi !

I was wondering, am I allowed to post song that I haven't made like old vinyl find on Youtube ?
As an exemple, "Plastika - Disco dancin" is a fine 90's song I can find only on youtube, will I be in trouble if I download it and post the song on my soundcloud account ?

Thank you for your answer
If you are curious : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRH4wTg2W9Y&index=3&list=PLquHmqhxSuIYYKO23YNX1sHkxSJYM8hhE
Hi, So my DJ Mix just got taken down because Universal Music Group reported my mix for containing the song "New Slaves" by Kanye West. HOWEVER, The song that I used in my DJ mix was "New Slaves (DJ SNAKE REMIX)"... Does anyone know if i can dispute the charge because they flagged me for the technically the wrong song? or will they require me to show proof I have permission to use even the remixed one? Please advise.
My song was taken down and there was no copyright infringement and I have all parties acknowledging that what they contributed will be released publicly for the overall song... I would love it if my song got reinstated and I lost the violation on my account.

Can I get my song reinstated?
I have recently reported a track for its use of a composition I made without my permission.

I have now settled the dispute with the label owner and am getting proper accreditation for the matter.
To settle this however - and to maintain a good working relationship with the label - we hope to be able to remove the copyright strike since it is settled.

However despite this I am unable to find a method of where I may remove the copyright strike since it has been settled internally.

Is there a way that I can remove the strike since the dispute is settled?
Hello,

I did with iMovie a nice small clip of about 1:30 minutes.
The idea is, to upload it on our companys intranet so that everyone can watch the video (its a safety clip).

The problem starts if I want to add music. Is it ok to add any kind music from soundcloud and upgrade my video and put it on our internal company server. I can adjust that the employees can only watch and not download it.

Question: Is this in line with the law and use of the songs here? I saw music from coldplay here and thought this might no be ok to use.

Thanks
I'm sure i'm not the only one who has asked this, and I'm really too tired to look through the detailed repsonses.

Several of my tracks of "remixes" have been taken down from soundcloud for copyright infringement, one by third party four by the automated system. I am a student and a teacher, so much of my work is only personal use and I was never given notice to make uploads private or remove them before they were held hostage against the copyright claim system.

I have no problem removing my account and said infringing tracks, even if I am not at fault, this is not as much the problem in so much that I cannot download my own tracks before I delete them because they serve educational purposes for myself and I'm unsure if filing a dispute will forever lock these tracks away from me. I'm not a huge producer I am a private teacher and student, and even in good faith what evidence is there to support that my claim will be heard fairly instead of priority given to the record labels who paid for their tracks to be included in the service?
Dear Sir,

I need to ask if this ok to upload Cover Song for My Friend or some one but cover song not original.

Best Regards
Hi,

i would like to know how it works when other people report one of you track. Why i cant know the name of the person who reported me? Because in this way it's too easy to browse the soundcloud profiles and report someone for a mahusp or a bootleg.

I see so many other mashup or bootleg like mine still active on the soundcloud, how they could be still there?
Hey,
I tried uploading a chopped & screwed version of Logic - 1-800-273-8255 but it got copyright claimed. The reason why I did it in the first place is because I did not see anyone else uploading it before after searching and I guess this is the reason why.

My question is does chopped & screwed versions of songs apply to the copyright guidelines? I mean it sounds completely different that's why I thought that should've been ok.

Thank you.
I tried to upload a REMIX I made to everyday we lit by YFN LUCCI and it was taken down due to copyright. I was simply in aware of the copyright rules and what not. I am not upset about my song be taken down and I understand why it was, all I would like to know is how do I fix the problem so that I can upload it. The song features the chorus from the actually song with myself and my friend rapping over the instrumental. I just really don't want anything to happen to my account and I need some help. Any help? Thanks everyone
Hi - I recently had a dispute rejected-- 22893709 - it says that it might contain or be a copy of "Gone Tomorrow (Here Today)" by Keith Urban. This is absolutely false. Please reinstate my upload. I do not want to try again because I don't want another strike on my account (which is incorrect to begin with). Here's the Keith Urban song and you will find that has NOTHING to do with the track that I've uploaded. Please correct this. Thanks

Track that claims copyright infringement
https://soundcloud.com/keith_urban/gone-tomorrow-here-today
soundcloud.com/eric-shans is my profile
I had my account deleted because i did a remix to drake free smoke i lost all my views and my followers .. i changed the beat and everything i still got a false infringement.. how can i get my account and lost songs back???????? the original url is www.soundcloud.com/yung-hass
Hi every one i uploaded a song related to my website http://webcric.site . Its show an error copyright content, can you please some one help me out regarding this issue.
I freestyled on a beat with copyright but i wasn't trying to use it for profit, just for fun. Now my track is lost.. please help
Hi,

I've refrained from uploading my DJ mixes to SoundCloud now as it has been issuing me with copyright strikes and taking down the mixes I upload. I'm wondering if there is ANY way this can be avoided as I have noticed many other users uploading mixes with exactly the same songs in their mixes that I have used and they do not have their mixes taken down for copyright.

Is there some sort of 'approved DJs' list that I needed to formally be on behind the scenes or something lol? I have been told by a SoundCloud employee that there is an algorithm which automatically detects and removes mixes for copyright but the same SoundCloud employee even said that they do not know why some mixes are taken down and why others remain. I think it's really unfair and confusing! I'm seeking a proper answer...
About three days ago i had received an email that one of my original songs had been taken down due to copyright violation from one rpm It was because when I used one rpm to distribute my song, i selected all stores and they had made a second account with the song I was distributing while the song was also on my original account. So my accounts with my song got flagged., this is a huge incontinence because I would like to keep all my plays/likes on my song, I have filed a dispute yesterday stating that i own the content and it was a mistake, i received an generic reply from soundcloud stating that i would need an one rpm to email them about this issue, and also to talk to one rpm about whitelisting my soundcloud account so this wouldn't happen again. ( i've emailed one rpm twice to no prevail) is there any other way i can solve this issue and make sure it never happens again?
I will upload images of my email from soundcloud and my emails to one rpm to avoid confusion, thanks for reading this hope to get this resolved soon
I had a track pulled because someone used the same royalty free sample as me ... my dispute was rejected ... very annoyed 😞