Answered

I lost my account for no apparent reason

• 20 September 2018
  • 1 reply

Sooo... As the title states, I lost my account that was linked to a Gmail adress. It was first an annoying "We're having some problems with your account" pop-up that I just skipped constantly cause it was popping up after each action I made in the mobile app, then I clicked the "log out" option under the said pop-up accidentally. Then I was unable to log back in, with an error saying:

"Sorry, we couldn't sign you in. Please check that you have created an account or have entered the correct account details."

Although that was after I cut the access for Soundcloud to my Google account through the Google's settings, the "third party access" part. Before that, it was:

"We couldn't sign you in with your Google+. To activate your Google+ account and try again, go to plus.google.com."

Doing what it tells you to do only leads me to my Gmail account and nothing else, everything looks alright from there.

The issue is on all platforms, and is not related to the internet I'm connected to either, but it seems to be solely centered around my Gmail account. Although I would like to note that I had a bit of a problem while creating this fresh account too for some awkward reason.

I've made some reasearch on this and so far I've found no answer, but more people having the same issue and not having it resolved in the end. Tried to delete the app on my Android phone (Samsung J7 Prime), clear the cache, and then re-install it again but the issue was still there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I just checked the status of Soundcloud and it seems like a major downtime was the case. Although it doesn't seem to be about accounts. Any connection between these two issues?

icon

Best answer by Mathis 21 September 2018, 11:59

Hi there,

Hmm, so I guess the question is in regards to a different account then the one from which you're writing. In order to investigate this in further detail, it will be best to reach out to our Account Access team via the contact form.

Before that, though, you could try and see if you can sign in with your email address and password instead of the Google+ integration (not sure if you did that, but it somehow sounds like this was what you were doing before). See here for instructions on how to reset the password: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003451107-I-forgot-my-password

All the best, hope you, or the team, can get to the bottom of this soon.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm, so I guess the question is in regards to a different account then the one from which you're writing. In order to investigate this in further detail, it will be best to reach out to our Account Access team via the contact form.

Before that, though, you could try and see if you can sign in with your email address and password instead of the Google+ integration (not sure if you did that, but it somehow sounds like this was what you were doing before). See here for instructions on how to reset the password: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003451107-I-forgot-my-password

All the best, hope you, or the team, can get to the bottom of this soon.

Cheers
Mathis