Question

I want to delete copyrighted mixes from my page as they are still showing under 'tracks' how do i do this?

I want to delete copyrighted mixes from my page as they are still showing under 'tracks' how do i do this?

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Ella,

Thanks for getting in touch about this. Once a track has been blocked for copyright infringement it isn't possible to delete them from your account and they will remain on your track manager page. These tracks will not count towards your account quota.

They won't be playable or publicly available on your profile, and you'll only be able to see them if you're logged into your account. The tracks will be listed on your track manager page to let you know the status of the tracks on your account and to alert you to any tracks that might need attention in case you would like to dispute the takedowns.

If you would like to file a dispute, you can do so here: http://copyright.soundcloud.com

I hope this helps, please get in touch with our copyrights team directly if you have further questions about this.

Cheers
Mathis
thanks
Userlevel 2
Thanks but still, it would be nice if we could delete them.
Userlevel 1
Please give the option to delete these from our side as well. Or to hide them permanently.
Yeah, it is somehow annoying - you are right, I was a bad copyrightkillingthiefdj, so it absolutely intelligible that the track(s) was/were blocked caused of copyright violations, I wont make an appeal - so the story has been told, the track also can vanishe from my profil, or is it cenotaph memorial to remind till the end of time, that I was a bad, bad guy?
Hello I cannot delete In the Night EDM Instrumental Exstacy Remix- 3 Verse 3 Chorus from my page. I tried logging out and listening to it and it still works. Please delete this track from my page for me. Thank you.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't delete some tracks that were "taken down" from years ago. I am fine with....
How to removed them? in fact they really make me uncomfortable
same here. i always thought they still need storage on my account also they're not playable
They need storage.. iwant to delete them! No more minutes to upload cuz of these copyright banned sets.
Userlevel 1
Yeah, it is somehow annoying - you are right, I was a bad copyrightkillingthiefdj, so it absolutely intelligible that the track(s) was/were blocked caused of copyright violations, I wont make an appeal - so the story has been told, the track also can vanishe from my profil, or is it cenotaph memorial to remind till the end of time, that I was a bad, bad guy?
lol
Userlevel 1
Yeah maybe it's just OCD but I really would like these removed as well..
Yup. Either you delete them, or make it an option to be able to delete them myself.
It's just stupid. There is absolutely no logic of not being able to delete them. I mean if something like that on Youtube. You can just delete it. But nope not here. Just to annoy you. It is really to bad that Soundcloud became the standard that everybody uses. Because the purpose of the website is fantastic. But other then that it is a crappy website. There are so many ways that they could improve it. But my guess is that 10 years from now you still won't be able to delete copyrighted songs they removed. The upload of your songs will still go wrong half of the time, And it will still look like a big orange turd on your screen.
yeh this is so stupid, just went back to a free account, and i can't upload anything cause of copyrighted mixs
Can Soundcloud do anything? I uploaded a track, Soundcloud takes it down, and I want to delete it!
Because of This i dont even bother using soundcloud anymore , I uploaded a mix but because i used a certain picture it got flagged and now i cant remove it , just annoys me and makes my profile look untidy to me 😞 , Shame really
I have a track that got removed and got copyrighted and I understand my mistake so I just want them to be removed/deleted from my account permanently or so but if I put down a dispute will they delete it from my account?
All I hear for a dispute is if you want the right of the song back and want it to be put on Soundcloud but I want it to be just deleted
Well to be honest i am about to delete my account with sound cloud how irish jigs and reels are copyright is beyond me that means every musician at all sessions are breaking the law then playing them as a group
One can't embed one's track on FB...then this...even an 'I do not dispute' button with an auto delete is fine with me.
i got aswell copyright issues from a song for my frinds to listen to for fun only and ripp cannot remove it i learned from my mistake but i will forever see this mistake in my list now? i hope soundcloud culd just remove the song it was a meme song anyway noting serious ty.