Question

I would like access to a full list of my plays and streams

• 20 January 2017
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 1
When I view my stats and click "overall", there are 20,000 plays lumped together under "other" because this apparently makes the page load quicker. I would like access to this information as it is about my music.
I am a member of PRS for music, and some of these tracks fall under the category of PRS reportoire, and as soundcloud now has a deal with PRS for music concerning paying for these past plays / streams, I need access to this info myself.
I would appreciate it if someone could grant me access. This is my work, and I ask under the German Freedom of information act of september 2005, and the british freedom of information act of 2000

8 replies

Here's some info on 'Other' in your Stats Overview page:

Other People
If you are seeing ‘Other People’, this means that either:
You have over 50 logged in listeners in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have listeners who are not logged into their SoundCloud account and listening.
You have listeners who are logged into their SoundCloud account, but have decided to use Stealth Mode.

Other Countries
If you are seeing ‘Other Countries’, this means that either:
You have listeners in over 50 countries in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 countries in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s country information.

Other Websites or Other Apps
If you are seeing ‘Other Websites’ or ‘Other Apps’, this means that either:
You have listeners from over 50 websites or apps in this time period, and not all could be listed.
You have less than 50 websites or apps in this time period, but we were unable to successfully grab your listener’s location information.
Userlevel 1
no, it says "others" under my track names. That is the only part I would like access to. The play count totals 20,000, but I cant see which tracks, and how many times each were played. I need this information, and I dislike it being witheld from me.
Is this the same issue ---> https://soundcloudcommunity.com/stats-230061/other-tracks-main-stats-page-7290424 ?
Userlevel 1
Im not sure. I have taken screenshots

this is the bottom of page 3 of those screenshots

You can see the 20,000 figure on the bottom left
From:I finally have an acceptable answer for the "Others"

The best way to understand others is this...

You can assume it is a high probability that a person without a soundcloud account played a track. SOMETIMES the stats will show which track this person played but since all outside networks have different privacy policies the track that person played may also show up as "Other"

I have a Theory. I originally sharing my podcast on SoundCloud and iTunes only. I had zero "Other Tracks" during that period. Once our Podcast started getting traction we used the RSS feed to add it to Facebook, Stitcher, Podbean and others.

I'm guessing it's just the inability to track some other sources.
Userlevel 1
thanks, but 20,000 plays is a lot of plays to just "lose". Its not good enough. I feel even more justified in terminating my pro account after 5 years. Ditching "groups" was the final straw, but this, just broke the camels back. Due to the deal with PRS for Music, those are plays I should be getting paid for.
If a mod doesn't respond with a better answer you can reach out to prosupport via prosupport[at]soundcloud.com. 🆒
Userlevel 1
ahh ok. I thought you were a mod. No worries.