Answered

Inactive account taking up the URL I want to use for my new band. Is it possible to take over?

• 6 September 2016
  • 1 reply

Hey,

I'm trying to register soundcloud.com/nordling but it's currently taken by an account that hasn't had any visible activity for 4 years.

Is it possible to take over the URL from them and create a new account for my new band?

Thanks,
Daniel
icon

Best answer by Jen 8 September 2016, 07:03

Hey there Daniel,

Thanks for writing in about this. As of now, our team doesn't have the resources to transfer a url that appears to be inactive. We're working on some necessary improvements in order to support this request, but our team has not given us a date as to when such a tool will be available and when we can begin transferring urls again. In the meantime, you can try messaging the profile and asking the owner if they would change the url so you can have use it. Should they say no or fail to respond, I'm afraid we cannot be of further assistance.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Best,
Jen
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey there Daniel,

Thanks for writing in about this. As of now, our team doesn't have the resources to transfer a url that appears to be inactive. We're working on some necessary improvements in order to support this request, but our team has not given us a date as to when such a tool will be available and when we can begin transferring urls again. In the meantime, you can try messaging the profile and asking the owner if they would change the url so you can have use it. Should they say no or fail to respond, I'm afraid we cannot be of further assistance.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience and understanding regarding this issue.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Best,
Jen