Information on why the download feature may have been disabled on your account

• 8 January 2016
  • 20 replies

Userlevel 4
Hello,

If you have had multiple takedowns on your account because of copyright infringement you may have the Download feature removed from your account meaning that you will no longer be able to offer your tracks as downloads.

If you have any questions about our copyright policy please review the information here.

Thanks,
Mathis and Gina

20 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled " tracks failed to update, please retry" dialog.

Im trying to enable downloads for my tracks but when i click "save changes" i get an error saying "unable to update tracks. please retry". I dont know why... Please help
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I am not being able to delete my track and also am not able to allowed download h....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled unable to enable download.

hello can you give me an information i have a bit problem with my
account in 2015 if i upload my radio mix i can cross the download enable
but now i cant now just download disable , can you help mee to fix it and so the people can download my radio mix

but the song ist not my own but in the description i wrote already the track list and my account ist pro unlimited
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Will I ever be able to reenable downloads on my existing tracks after being pen....

I would really like to continue using Sound Cloud but my favorite feature is having my tracks downloadable. How can I resolve this issue and continue to move forward? I see that several track have already been taken down, but what can I do about my existing tracks/ future tracks??? Will I ever be able to make my records downloadable again???
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled unable to enable download.

hello can you give me an information i have a bit problem with my
account in 2015 if i upload my radio mix i can cross the download enable
but now i cant now just download disable , can you help ne to fix it

but the song ist not my own but in the description i wrote already the track list and my account ist pro unlimited
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How long do SoundCloud strikes last, will we ever get the option where we can mak....

Hello Soundcloud

I've heard that whenever a SoundCloud user gets a second strike against their SoundCloud account, they won't be able to make their tracks available for download from their account, but I just wanna ask how long do these SoundCloud strikes last, do they expire, will we ever get our feature back where we can make our tracks available for download again?

Thank you!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Can't Download Original File.

I cant download the original file of the track iv uploaded, it said no file or Safari and tack cannot be found on Chrome. Why is this?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled download disabled suddenly.

I have enabled the DOWNLOAD option from my profile but suddenly from the last week it has been disabled,

I am trying to enable it from the EDIT--> PERMISSION but it is not allowing me to to enable it.

My profile link is : https://soundcloud.com/djaypiyush
Please help me ASAP.

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled download disabled suddenly.

I have enabled the DOWNLOAD option from my profile but suddenly from the last week it has been disabled,

I am trying to enable it from the EDIT--> PERMISSION but it is not allowing me to to enable it.

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks.

Please read the post above for more information.

-Gina

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks.

Dear Gina,

Thanks for the reply, I understand the concern, but now please reply me how can I delete the take down tracks and can again enable the "DOWNLOAD" from all tracks.

I am a professional DJ and my all track lovers want to download the tracks, Please advice me how can I again enable the download option.

Regards,
Piyush
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled None of my download links are appearing nor download amounts?.

I have restarted my computer. Checked on other computers. None of them are set to no downloads. Thank you!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled downloads disabled due to old copyright claims, how can I get downloading to beco....

downloading is "disabled due to copyright infringement" because of old remixes that have been long taken down, will I ever be able to enable downloading on all of my original tracks?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How can I re-enable downloads after permission was taken away for copyright infri....

On February 12 our account soundcloud.com/ladyparts was issued a 2nd Strike for copyright infringement. As a result, we were no longer be able to make tracks available for download from our account. On February 3, we renewed our yearly Pro Account. *One of the benefits of the Pro Account is that it allows it allows us to be able to make tracks available for download from our account.

How do we reinstate our ability to make tracks available for download from our Pro account? We have not had any copyright infringement violations in the past 30+ days, and will be happy to sign a written apology or acknowledgment for our past violations. It is very important to us that we have the ability to offer direct download of our original music from our Soundcloud account.

How can we re-enable downloads after permission was taken away for copyright infringement?
Looks like we're all just gonna have to set up new accounts or take our downloads elsewhere unfortunately. I've waited for a response in regards to this issue for some time now and nothing. I even made several attempts at reaching out and still I keep getting rerouted to their written agreement which pretty much states that once we're in violation, we're done. ...whatever. Just figured I'd share.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Getting Downlaod abilities Reinstated !!!!.

Hello So my TRack was taken down for copyright issues. My ability ti enable downloading was also taken away. I would like to know how i can have the access unrestricted. Thank You
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Downloads disabled.

Hi Guys, I can't do my tracks able to download in "Permissions" menu, can somebody to help me why not?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled soundcloud disable my download buttom why?.

soundcloud disable my download button when i upload new track...why did this happen???how can i get it back???

Please help me ASAP.

Thanks.

I have the same problem. I understand the takedowns due to copyright infringement, but how long will it last the ban from the download feature? I'm willing to post my own songs.