Answered

Invalid certificate - Safari

• 9 December 2016
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I am unable to load Soundcloud on safari 10.0.1 running on Sierra 10.12.1 it used to work until there was some sort of breach a few months ago on SC, when they had a certificate vendor issue. SC works perfectly on Chrome, Firefox and other browsers, however Safari is my primary and would be great to get it working again.

Attached are screenshots, if anyone has advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jonathan
icon

Best answer by Chris Mai 9 December 2016, 16:25

Try this -> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7720460

" bst71 Oct 27, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Eric Root Level 1 Level 1 (14 points)
Oct 27, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Eric Root
I was able to get this working.

First what didn't seem to work (documenting here for others searching).

Rebooted into Recovery Partition (command-R)
Disabled SIP by opening terminal: csrutil disable
Rebooted into normal desktop, used keychain app to delete GlobalSign cert
Rebooted into Recovery (command-R)
Enabled SIP: csrutil enabled
Rebooted into normal desktop again

However, this didn't seem to fix anything. Once again upon loading Safari -> SoundCloud received the error about: "GlobalSign Domain Validation CA - SHA256 - G2 has invalid user"

Then opened up Keychain Access again right clicked on this certificate, went to "Get Info" and explicitly marked all fields to "Trust".

Whats strange is open opening Keychain this cert was marked in red as "Revoked".

So it seems to me that SoundCloud is doing something slightly crazy, on specific connections they are handing out revoked certificates? Problem with their CDN?

Anyway, appears to be working now."
View original

1 reply

Try this -> https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7720460

" bst71 Oct 27, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Eric Root Level 1 Level 1 (14 points)
Oct 27, 2016 8:58 AM in response to Eric Root
I was able to get this working.

First what didn't seem to work (documenting here for others searching).

Rebooted into Recovery Partition (command-R)
Disabled SIP by opening terminal: csrutil disable
Rebooted into normal desktop, used keychain app to delete GlobalSign cert
Rebooted into Recovery (command-R)
Enabled SIP: csrutil enabled
Rebooted into normal desktop again

However, this didn't seem to fix anything. Once again upon loading Safari -> SoundCloud received the error about: "GlobalSign Domain Validation CA - SHA256 - G2 has invalid user"

Then opened up Keychain Access again right clicked on this certificate, went to "Get Info" and explicitly marked all fields to "Trust".

Whats strange is open opening Keychain this cert was marked in red as "Revoked".

So it seems to me that SoundCloud is doing something slightly crazy, on specific connections they are handing out revoked certificates? Problem with their CDN?

Anyway, appears to be working now."