Question

Login Problems

Hi, i have a lot login problems, so i use two macs (MacBook Pro and an iMac) with safari, and when i try to login i end up in the startscreen but not logged in. Sometime it works sometimes not. And i got automatically logged out several times. Any Idea what happened?

MacOS 10.13.6
Safari 12.0.3

10 replies

i have the same issues with macOs 10.14.4 and Safari 12.1

it works normal with Firefox
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hmm, sounds like an odd behavior that might be caused by your browser's cache or by a third party extension such as Adblock. If you have extensions installed, try a private / incognito browser window with extensions disabled to see if it works in there.

Hopefully, this does the trick already.
no I have no adblockers installed... Soundcloud is the only site I have problems logging in

somehow I managed it in the meantime to log in , and for now it stays logged in
Hmm, sounds like an odd behavior that might be caused by your browser's cache or by a third party extension such as Adblock. If you have extensions installed, try a private / incognito browser window with extensions disabled to see if it works in there.

Hopefully, this does the trick already.

this morning I was suddenly logged out again ... no chance to login via the Soundcloud site . Also a private browser window didn't help.
When I went tot this forum a different login screen appeared wich I could easily login with - by doing this I'm now also logged into my soundcloud account.
I strongly believe this is a bug with soundcloud. I'm using soundcloud since at least 10 years I don't remember that I ever had any issues logging in. Maybe you can report this to the developers.
i solved it now - I had to reset my password. Now I can login into soundcloud using safari again.
Had this same problem just today. A password reset will allow you back in to your account. I too had no ad blockers or extensions running in Safari and I also cleared my cache and browser history. Very frustrating.
I'm also in contact with the SC-support. it's a very bad experience so far. No offered solution.
Not sure if they even understand the issue.

The best way to login to Soundcloud is currently via the community or using Firefox.
I contacted support this morning and I'm still waiting for an initial response. I just randomly found your post via google and thought I would add my experience to it.
I contacted support this morning and I'm still waiting for an initial response. I just randomly found your post via google and thought I would add my experience to it.
it took them 8 days to answer my initial request !!!
I think I have found the solution to this problem (Safari Browser). I did the following:

Go to Develop > Experimental Features

Disable 'Block top level redirects by third-party iframes.

Hope that helps! 😀

Neuts
neuts.co.uk