Answered

Mathis please help!

• 5 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Hey man my account was recently deleted for Copyright. I'm sorry that this happened. I understand Copyright is a very important thing that SC takes very seriously but I had my account deleted for a song that was in a mix that aired on Sirius XM that Calvin and his team were paid for. I know I had two strikes and would never risk my 14,000 followers that took me 6 years to gain on uploading a mix at that. Please look into this for me and reinstate my account and I promise this will never happen again I literally in the past 2 months had finally started to gain traction as a bigger DJ and this is so so so important to me to get my followers back. I would be so so appreciative and you would have my utmost respect if you could look into this seriously for me.

The account URL was - soundcloud.com/cheyennegiles
My IG is here and you can see i'm legit and that the episode i tried to upload aired on Sirius Xm's Ch.13 on Saturday night at 11pm.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 18 July 2019, 11:50

Hi @Cheyenne Giles ,

I'm afraid I won't be able to help with this with the set of tools and insight I have from the Community. Please reach out to the Copyrights team if you believe this strike was done in error, with proof from the rightsholder that you were allowed to upload the material on SoundCloud. Just to set your expectations properly: Once an account has been suspended because of repeated copyright infringement where the actual rights holder reported this directly to us, reinstating an account is quite complex and treated with the utmost caution by our Copyrights team.
View original

2 replies

I'm sorry about what happened to you, the rules are the rules, friend, I recommend uploading the sessions to other platforms such as MixCloud, and your own productions to SoundCloud. Good luck fellow, unfortunately, this has happened to many people.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Cheyenne Giles ,

I'm afraid I won't be able to help with this with the set of tools and insight I have from the Community. Please reach out to the Copyrights team if you believe this strike was done in error, with proof from the rightsholder that you were allowed to upload the material on SoundCloud. Just to set your expectations properly: Once an account has been suspended because of repeated copyright infringement where the actual rights holder reported this directly to us, reinstating an account is quite complex and treated with the utmost caution by our Copyrights team.