Answered

Music I don't remember uploading is on my profile and now I'm not allowed to delete it?!?!

• 28 May 2017
  • 8 replies

I released some tracks when I was a young muppet who made crappy stuff but had the balls to send it out to labels. I don't remember posting it to my own page (says the posts are 5 years old now, the tracks themselves are even older)but now that I want to take it down to spruce my page up a bit I'm not even being allowed to do that?
I'm broadly unaffiliated with the record label these days, and am vastly dissatisfied with the music. Is there anything that can be done to take it off my page?
When I do the usual click on "..." and try to select "delete track", the delete button is greyed out and unresponsive.

I read on the help site that some copy written tracks get locked onto your page. But I'm almost certain I didn't upload this crap to my page because even though it's listed as being 5 years old, it's listed more recently than stuff I do remember uploading in the past year. So it seems as though the label posted it, linked it to my account and is now forcing me to host the music on my page?

It's baffling tbh. I don't even use the alias I released the tracks under anymore, I retired it about 5 years ago, lol.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 7 June 2017, 13:04

Okay, but what can I do to take it off?
Or does soundcloud no longer allow people to manage their own profiles?

Hi K Sabalo,

The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks is because they are managed by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted.

For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly.
They will hopefully be able to clarify the situation for you soon.

Best
Mathis
View original

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
So it seems as though the label posted it, linked it to my account and is now forcing me to host the music on my page?

It's the label distributor that will have done it. It's part of a badly thought out way to get released music on SoundCloud to generate a bit of income from streams, like on Spotify. Lots of artists are finding old music appearing in their profiles, but the alternative is new accounts being made in their name, usually with "official" in the URL but no picture or profile info. Also, lots of tracks are ending up in the wrong accounts where artists have similar names.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi K Sabalo,

The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks is because they are managed by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted.

For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly.
They will hopefully be able to clarify the situation for you soon.

Best
Mathis
So in simple terms, I am not allowed to manage my own profile because soundcloud would rather chase money for plays the tracks don't even receive. Big ups soundcloud...
Yes same problem here. It's just not normal when you pay a pro account to don't have this kind of permissions. Soundcloud needs to do something about it. At least the ability to hide the tracks we don't want. So what we can do if we can't join the label or distributor ?
Yes its happened to me to as the greedy digital distributor . 51st STATE CONSPIRACY attempt to take control of my site and push my own uploads down the page .

I'm stunned SCloud allow them to do this , a complete betrayal of their artist's rights .
The only way we get to talk to SCloud direct is here , to you moderator . All other avenues for direct contact have been walled off .

In he forlorn hope that you moderator will pass on this message to those responsible for selling out content providers to the corporate sector . Your reason given is very weak and you know it .

Betraying artists by taking away control of their own sites must SURELY be blatant short termism . We are the ones that make this place work . Selling the rights to upload to artist sites to digital companies is madness . You'll force us to go elsewhere to platforms that still respect content providers .

As a content provider I'm sure I speak for numerous others when I say I'm appalled at your betrayal . Please think again about this baffling sellout of content provider's control over THEIR OWN sites .
I have the same problem ... i pay every year the Soundcloud to have a proper page with the music i like to post ...and today i saw a label that i don't even know ,have posted my 7 year old tracks in MY Soundcloud .
I have tracks with 1million plays ....and now they posted old tracks of mine without my permission with 50 plays.
Why ?? Who gave them the permission ?? Am i paying Soundcloud for this ???

I AM REFFERING DIRECTLY TO THE SOUNDCLOUD OWNER MANAGER :
If no one answer to me ..to fix this problem TODAY ...i will start a war against Soundcloud ,i will say WORLDWIDE bad things for them , in interviews,djs,producers...everywhere.
I will post on my 180.00O fans facebook PAGE every day BAD THINGS for Soundcloud .
And trust me ...my opinion counts.

Waiting an answer TODAY