My account got hacked! What should I do?

Userlevel 4
If you believe your account has been hacked, follow these steps:

1. Set a strong password, using our tips here.
  2. Revoke any connections to your account.
  3. Add a secondary email address to reduce the likelihood of getting locked out of your account
  4. Remove any inactive, or unknown, email address connected to your account

If you aren’t able to access your account, please review and file a ticket via this article on our Help Center.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

51 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Need help recovering soundcloud, old account was hacked after 1+ year of usage.

user: "crystalonix" was my soundcloud account, I found out about a month ago that someone had deleted my account and taken the name for themselves. How might I go about restoring my account?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled account recovery as my account was hacked and deleted.

Hiya my soundcloud account (www.soundcloud.com/callum-gilhooly-1) was deleted earlier on this evening without any reason would i be able to recover this?? Please email me asap At: yourmaw13@gmail.com thank you
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I tried to log in to my soundcloud but it keeps popping up at a sign up page. Wha....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I got hacked and need help. I'm still logged in through my phone but I can't log ....

What should I do when I get hacked like this?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Soundcloud was hacked, URL was changed.

My soundcloud was hacked, and my url "soundlcoud.com/create" is there any way i can get it back, if so what steps do I take to get it back.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PLEASE HELP, Song deleted by hacker, please restores !!.

Hey I'm xuave. my song was deleted by someone who ad logged into my account recently . This was the link https://soundcloud.com/xuavesharaya/gorgeous-prod-bravestarr please help and reinstate it
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Song dissapeared !?!?.

This song on my page myseteriously dissapeared and i think it may have been someone who logged in my account and deleted it i dont know but is there any way you can please restore it https://soundcloud.com/xuavesharaya/gorgeous-prod-bravestarr
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My song was deleted by someone who had logged into my account..

my song was deleted by someone who ad logged into my account recently . This was the link https://soundcloud.com/xuavesharaya/gorgeous-prod-bravestarr please help and reinstate it

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Reply button dissapears when selected.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I was hacked !? HELP !.

I wasn't sure at first what hppened but my song mysteriously dissapeared from my page but ive now found out for sure i was hacked and my song was deleted from my page ! can you help me pleaase restore it https://soundcloud.com/xuavesharaya/gorgeous-prod-bravestarr it would change a lot for me and probably cant be to hard for you to do and i keep having my pleas for help merged with other topics meaning they are being seen but ignored , im a pro member and expect better support please dont ignore me
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled MATHIS HELP PLEASE !.

I wasn't sure at first what hppened but my song mysteriously dissapeared from my page but ive now found out for sure i was hacked and my song was deleted from my page ! can you help me pleaase restore it https://soundcloud.com/xuavesharaya/gorgeous-prod-bravestarr

And i woud hate for my topic to be merged with another meaning someone sw it but felt it wasnt worth helping

please help me, this song is so important to me
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Account might be hacked.

Hey from last night my Sound Cloud follower has been been disappearing rapidly i feel like someone has hacked my account
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PRO account hijacked by someone else with a new profile?!.

Hi,

This is pretty serious - I went to access my profile today of one of my other accounts (profile URL /digital) and to my horror discovered that it has been hijacked by someone else with a whole new profile and obviously, none of my tracks. None of my existing tracks show up when trying to search for them either.

Not only that, but this was a PRO account. The association with my email address (when I tried to log in) has also gone as well. I'm particularly worried if any of my personal details and/or credit card have been compromised on this too.

This profile was of archived, original tracks so can see no reason as to why it has been closed down, other than the whole account has been compromised.

PLEASE can you guys look into how this has happened and revoke this guy's profile and hopefully restore my account.

Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks
Andrew
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My SoundCloud account has been hacked and my spins are being altered to being dec....

My SoundCloud account has been hacked and my spins are being altered to being decreased to being smaller than they are. Can someone help!!!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my account has been hacked and now im blocked for 2 days how do i correct this pr....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My last account was terminated for Tracks that I did not upload!.

I received one legitimate copyright strike on my account after I created a Marvin Gaye instrumental with a uncleared sample. However, after changing my account's password multiple times, it seems someone who had access to my account was uploading various Frank Ocean songs onto my previous account resulting in its ban. I have lost all my followers I earned during the summer and contact with many of my rappers and affiliates is gone. HELP!
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SoundCloud hacked and all my music deleted, also my URL stolen and put on a rando....

Hello, I was hacked on my SoundCloud account and the hacker went in and deleted years of uploads that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm incredibly devistated. I hope that I can get some help here. Thanks!

www.SoundCloud.com/ampyxmusic" target="_blank" rel="nofollow noreferrer noopener">Http://www.SoundCloud.com/ampyxmusic is what I had to change my URL too.

Stolen URL: http://www.SoundCloud.com/ampyx
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Somebody hacked my acc, now I am following the whole world.

A month or so ago, I noticed that my acc has been hacked. I changed my password and all, but now I am following the whole world. Can my 'following' list be reset to how it was before ? Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge
If you believe your account has been hacked, don't panic, simply follow these steps:

1. Set a strong password, using our tips here.

2. Revoke any connections to your account.

3. Add a secondary email address to reduce the likelihood of getting locked out of your account

4. Remove any inactive, or unknown, email address connected to your account

If you aren’t able to access your account, please get in touch through this contact point and we'll get back to you promptly.
Someone probably by name "Rodionova Linett" from Spain had hacked my account and put some vagina's pic as my header image in my profile!
Hi everyone,

So for the first time in a while (probably something like 8-10 months, maybe more) I logged in on Soundcloud via desktop. As I had completely forgotten my password, I requested a new one after typing my account's name (SuperRJ). The site proceeded by telling me they had sent an email to an email address that was about this:
i***@g***

Since it is nowhere near the email address I usually use for creating such accounts I was a bit surprised, and obviously unable to check and click the verification email to get a new password.

So I went back a step, and typed my actual email address instead of my account's name in the form. Then I was able to get to the link and create a new password. So far so good, except I just realized in my subscription list that there was now a ton of artists I am sure I have NEVER subscribed to!

I am obviously quite displeased by this situation, and really wondering what may actually have happened to my account. Have I been hacked? Is there another person who appears to have just the same nickname as me and somehow made it to my account?

On the side note, if that is of any relevance, I am constantly logged in on Soundcloud via your app on my phone.

Well, I would appreciate some light on the matter.
Thanks.
Okay so I don't know for sure if my account has been hacked. I have been using the artist name "Wants" for over a year now. I have never copyrighted my music but I also never fully intended to. My issue is that someone using the same name released an EP. I want to change the way my name is spelled on soundcloud but then their name changes too. They seem to be connected to my account, I'm not even able to get rid of seeing the EP when I change my username.

Help please!
Hello, someone get access to my account and deleted my most played track just to piss me off, is there a way to get it back ? the link was http://www.soundcloud.com/hennesso-beats/ae86

please, help me thank you 😞
My Soundcloud tracks were all deleted by a malicious user who accessed my account within the last week. Is there any way to recover these tracks?
My account I feel has been hacked..1 of my songs..ThePowerOfTheSon..Had over a thousand views at one point and went down to 969 all of a sudden and seemed to freeze my whole account..there are 3 accounts that have 1 follower...Also all my new songs have been blocked saying that Francis may have already have a right to my songs..makes no sense to me..Thank you,Zclear
I'm trying to figure out how and why someone keeps hacking my account and deleting or reporting my music? Ive contacted soundcloud but still no one has responded to me and I also had to file a dispute which makes no sense, because my account was hacked on the previous day January 30th and all of my information was changed and also hacked again on January 31st and then i got a message that some reported my song RIHANNA as copyrighted in which makes sense to me at alll, someone please help????????????