Question

My account has been terminated & I have not uploaded any content report has been unable to explain this issue

• 12 August 2015
  • 8 replies

My account has been terminated all of a sudden i wake up & my account is gone I have respected the copyright laws & I have not uploaded any content for the past couple weeks the report has been unable to explain this issue with details instead i have been emailed a generic email as follows:
Hi there,We contacted you recently to let you know that we’d received a report of copyright infringement. Unfortunately, because you were unable to show that you have the rights to post this track, we’ve had to issue a strike against your account.

This is your third strike. We have made it clear on previous occasions that repeated instances of copyright infringement would result in termination of your SoundCloud account in accordance with our Terms of Use. Unfortunately, we now have no alternative but to terminate your account with immediate effect.

Your profile, tracks, stats and followers have been removed from the platform. If you have a paid subscription, you will not be entitled to any refund. We are very sorry to have to take this action, but copyright infringement is a serious matter, and we expect all SoundCloud users to respect other people’s copyright.

Thank you,

The SoundCloud Copyright Team

This is terrible costumer service specially for a Pro Unlimited user, I have been paying for my service and out of nowhere my account & all my work has been deleted & just disappeared without proof of what content i was using.. & what track is being attacked. I have had terrible experiences with false content id's being traced that has given me past warnings. Now this new policy is destroying the SoundCloud experience for DJs, MashUP artist, Producers, & various other music art. I would like some more detail on my profile seeing i feel my profile have been victim of faulty termination.

url: soundcloud.com/redicouncilsound

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Mikey,

I can't look up your personal profile's history however I can tell you that if a takedown request is made on content that is on your account then we have to abide. If you have documentation to show that you are the rightful owner or have permission to use the content then you can file a dispute here.

This checklist has always existed on SoundCloud, our Copyright policy has never changed. We are only a hosting platform, we cannot allow users to upload material which is not their own.

I am sorry if this was not clear to you. Again, if you have specific questions about your own profile then you will need to contact our Copyrights team through email so they can further investigate for you.

Thanks Mikey,
Gina
I have had multiple claims on the content provided that are false as i'm not using the following copyrighted tracks in my DJ mixes
"High Times" by Sincere Da Don owned by 5 Diamond Music Group.
This is making it difficult as user with the paid Pro Unlimited Plan to utilize this site when you content ID fails to source the right songs once again adding to my past strikes etc.
I have had one mix that was reinstated everything else has been ignored
Thank You
Hey Gina also with extra investigation in my emails from Soundcloud team
Update my account was Terminated & i only have 2 Strikes!
1st July 12th
the second as of August 7th
& i have not been active with uploading since.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled PRO UNLIMITED Account: 2 STRIKES & TERMINATED without Reason? Account Recovery Po....

Following up from my last Topic: https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/my-account-has-been-terminated-i-have-not-uplo...

My account has been terminated all of a sudden I have not uploaded any content for the past couple weeks(2 weeks) plus the report HAS NOT explained what content was used to produce this 3rd Strike & Termination of my account.
I received a 2 previous strikes 1st strike was on July 12th
and the second strike was on August 7th
I have not uploaded any content since then the content ID system should provide proof of what song/ timestamp where this claim has been made from instead of send these The generic emails that do not provide detail information or proof on the reason behind this termination of account & any of the claims made
with further information I have had multiple claims on the content provided that are false as i'm not using the following copyrighted tracks in my DJ mixes
"High Times" by Sincere Da Don owned by 5 Diamond Music Group.
I would like to have an overview on my account as I feel I'm being robbed of my $112 spent so far using this Pro Plan Unlimited experience

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hey Mikey,

I'm sorry but I can't look up your personal copyrights files and if I could then I definitely can't share them here on a public forum. If you want answers to your specific questions above you will need to talk with our copyrights team. I don't want to sound like a broken record but all I can offer you here is our general copyright policy.

-Gina
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled copyright inquiry.

I also have a PRO UNLIMITED plan
My account has been terminated all of a sudden i wake up & my account is gone I have respected the copyright laws & I have not uploaded any content for the past couple weeks at least 2 weeks
I only had 2 STRIKES
my account was Terminated & i only have 2 Strikes!
1st July 12th
the second as of August 7th
i have not been active with uploading since & was slammed with a notice with no explanation on where this 3rd Strike came

This is terrible costumer service specially for a Pro Unlimited user, I have been paying for my service and out of nowhere my account & all my work has been deleted & just disappeared without proof of what content i was using.. & what track is being attacked. I have had terrible experiences with false content id's being traced that has given me past warnings. Now this new policy is destroying the SoundCloud experience for DJs, MashUP artist, Producers, & various other music art. I would like some more detail on my profile seeing i feel my profile have been victim of faulty termination.

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Free PRO upgrades to community members that help.
did you ever get back the account