My Idea

• 20 January 2017
  • 6 replies

HELLO , My Idea is to upload official songs for famous artists like Rihanna , Twenty One pilots ,Chainsmokers , Justin Bieber and so many others. The reason I want to do that when I want to listen to an original song for any artists all I find is many remixs without finding the original song , you know what mean? The problem that SoundCloud team sends to me a message says that I am not the copyright owner. I am 15 !! How can I be the copyright owner?! I want to give people like me one place , one account that contains only official (original) songs.
so all I want from SoundCloud team is to help me to achieve my goal.
please reply.

I have said the word ''Want'' many times. Hhhh 😉

6 replies

Copyright is complicated. If you have any doubt regarding the extent of your rights in any sounds, you should consult with a suitably qualified lawyer before uploading anything to SoundCloud or making any claims or counter-claims regarding your rights. However, as a general guide, here are some of the issues you might want to consider before uploading anything to SoundCloud:

For music uploads:
Can you answer “yes” to all of the following questions?

Did you compose the music yourself?
Did you write the lyrics yourself?
Did you record and produce the track yourself or do you have permission from the producer or record label that made the recording?
Do you have written permission from all copyright owners to use any samples contained in the track?
Can you answer “no” to all of the following questions?

Were you signed to a record label when you recorded the track?
Do you have a publishing deal?
Are you a member of a performing rights organization or collecting society?
Have you licensed your track to anyone else?
Does the track contain the entirety or any part of someone else's song(s) Is it based on someone else’s song(s)?
For other sounds, including field recordings, podcasts, audiobooks or voice messages:
Can you answer “yes” to all of the following questions?

Is the recording spontaneous, as opposed to being recited from a script, play or book (other than one written by you)?
Is it a recording of your performance?
Did you make the recording yourself?
Do you have the permission of anyone else appearing in the recording to upload and share the recording on SoundCloud?
Can you answer “no” to all of the following questions?

Is the recording rehearsed or recited from a script, play or book (other than one written by you)?
Does the recording contain any music or excerpts from other copyright works (e.g. movie dialogue)?
Further resources
For information about copyright in your country, try your local copyright office: http://www.wipo.int/directory/en/urls.jsp

For information on copyright laws around the world, try the World Intellectual Property Office database: http://www.wipo.int/wipolex/en/
look , the problem that like I have said above ' I am 15 ' so I do not have a lawyer. I did not ever tell my father about this .
forget about the name ''Smoking_Records'' I am not a studio or a company . I am just a guy who came up with an idea while he was sitting in his pajamas. Even I am Arabian.
So , Do u think that I have a chance ?!:?
Basically you cannot upload music you do not own.
Thanks for help . I appreciate that . One last question , ' Is there any another app where I can do what I want ?
Cuz I worked hard and arranged every thing ,well for nothing . I downloaded like 30 songs and put my logo and my name on their official images , just for nothing ....:(
Negative.

Maybe you could release a compilation...

How to release a compilation: A step-by-step guide ---> http://thevinylfactory.com/features/how-to-release-a-compilation-a-step-by-step-guide/
My Idea is to upload official songs for famous artists like Rihanna , Twenty One pilots ,Chainsmokers , Justin Bieber and so many others.

I presume you've bought these artists' music that you've tried uploading. Why can't you just listen to them on iTunes or a similar app?