Question

Not Receiving Confirmation Email

I signed up for soundcloud to start a side project, I have been using soundcloud for years now, and no matter how many times I click "resend", I am just not getting the confirmation email. It's funny because I got an email for joining the help community to post my concerns here, but will not receive an email for confirmation of my account. My email matches, I've added numerous accounts to my address book, I have signed in and out numerous times. NOTHING works. I am getting really frustrated, because nothing I do is helping. I need help ASAP. I wanted to post a track as soon as I started my account. Please help.

Thanks
Nick

31 replies

I'm having the same problem
Same for me guys
same here
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles - we've checked in with our engineers and there was a delay in the confirmation emails being sent over the weekend, which has now been resolved. All of your are properly confirmed, so happy SoundClouding 🙂
I also did not receive a confirmation email
Hi there I have also not received an email, I have added mailer@soundcloudmail.com email to my contacts but to no avail, is there any way of fixing this? Thanks in advance.
I'm also not receiving the confirmation email. I've added the various email addresses to my contacts, and it's not in my spam box - it just isn't coming through.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the ongoing troubles. It looks like there are still email delays for some users. Our engineers are investigating.

Cheers
Mathis
Same issue... I've had my account for several years, but for some unknown reason I have to go through this email confirmation every 6 months. How many times do I have to confirm my account? Sme bs every time, emails don't get sent so I can confirm. Yes, I've added your soundcloud email addy as a contact, the issue is on your end... it seems forever. Please confirm my account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Same issue... I've had my account for several years, but for some unknown reason I have to go through this email confirmation every 6 months. How many times do I have to confirm my account? Sme bs every time, emails don't get sent so I can confirm. Yes, I've added your soundcloud email addy as a contact, the issue is on your end... it seems forever. Please confirm my account.

Hi topleftrecordings,

Sorry to hear this is happening. From what I see from my end, our system is receiving an error message when trying to send the email your way. The format of your email address is a bit unusual - this might be a reason why our system seems to have difficulties confirming your address.

If you have an email address with gmail, or any other "standard" provider, try and see if changing your primary email address helps getting your address confirmed for good.
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003446287-Managing-your-connected-email-addresses

Cheers
Mathis
I'm also not getting a E-Mail verification...
i am also not getting an email verification! tried all the fixes and suggestions from the help page. sounds like this just happens from time to time, hope you guys can sort it out from your end!
thx!!
Yall got it sorted !! thanks!!
I also am not getting the confirmation email, despite getting the email about the help community.
I am also not receiving the confirmation email. Tried all suggestions
I've added so many contacts and yet I'm still not getting my confirmation email. Is it something to do with gmail maybe?
So many people with Same problem!!!! whats going on?!!!! Pls help
Same problem, but than with a gift cards which I want to use for extend my pro-account
same problem. Tried everything, just not getting the email.
Same issue. What's up Soundcloud!?
Same issue.!
created new email account and new soundcloud account - not getting confirmation email.
cannot gain access to other accounts I manage - not getting password reset emails.
Just curious, but it seems to be based off of this discussion board, that there are email delays roughly every month to 20 days. Is there an estimated time that we can expect these delays to be be resolved or a time frame of when we should expect to receive our confirmation emails? Does this problem arise when there is an influx of newly created accounts? Is there a monthly issue with the SoundCloud server?

Anything to assure myself and the other 9 commenters in the last 12 hours that this is not the end of the world and that this issue is being dealt with.

Any current details or updates on this recurring issue would be great. (To Mathis Moderator)
SAME ISSUE. Please help. I wanted to have some new stuff uploaded before halloween tomorrow so this is somewhat urgent 🙂
Same here. I've tried both gmail and aol, hit resend confirmation at least a dozen times, checked the spam folders, etc. I'm getting e-mails from every else so it's definitely on this websites end.
Here is an update for anyone else in the future that has a confirmation email that is not being received after setting up a new SoundCloud account.

1.) Skim through the comments, carefully reading the 3 solutions posted by (Mathis - Moderator).
2.) Try adding mailer@soundcloudmail.com to your email addresses, then resend the confirmation email to both your Primary email and the Added email with the @soundcloud.com . (mailer refers to the beginning of your original email account, up the @ symbol.)
3.) Lastly, give it some time. It took me around 2 hours to receive my first confirmation email.

Note: Your confirmation email will expire after 50 minutes or less, so you will need to resend the request when reattempting to confirm your email. when I reattempted to send a confirmation email this morning, I received it with in 2 minutes. And if you log out of your SoundCloud account before receiving your confirmation email, you should be able to get back in as long as you are certain that you have your correct login email and password. (I logged in and out of my account multiple times over the last 12 hours before confirming my email.)

Hope this helps.