Solved

Official SoundCloud email or phishing scam?

• 6 April 2017
  • 2 replies

I recently got an email from NO-REPLY@soundcloudmail.com saying "[...]we've triggered an automatic reset of your password. Please visit http://soundcloud.com/login/reset/[...] to change to a new, unique password."
I am suspicious of any email that asks me to click on a link and then provide my login credentials. So I opened a tab and manually navigated to soundcloud.com and was still able to login with my current password. That makes me think the email is very likely a phishing scam. But what if it's actually from SoundCloud, how am I supposed to know for sure?

In order to identify genuine messages from SoundCloud and protect users from possible phishing scams, can you please list all the official SoundCloud email addresses that users may receive an email from?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 2 May 2017, 15:37

Hi there,

This is likely a legitimate email. There was a number of users affected by this, and they all received such a message.

Hope you're all set by now! 🙂
View original

Have you received any suspicious emails that appear to be from SoundCloud?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1
I just tested the "Send password-reset link" on the account Settings menu. The email does come from:
NO-REPLY@soundcloudmail.com which, even though it turns out to be the actual email address your one could still be something scammy. Did the one you got mention your user name or give a reason why they had sent it?

Did you option click on the link to "copy the link location" and then paste that in a text document?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

This is likely a legitimate email. There was a number of users affected by this, and they all received such a message.

Hope you're all set by now! 🙂