Question

Phising/ Malware messages

The user RamseyLowe51773 has sent me suspicious links to what I assume are malware sites via sound clouds message system. Worth checking out in case this user has spammed other users and put them at risk.

I am not going to post the link the profile sent me for obvious reasons.
Does this happen often and can it be stopped?
Regards,
Denis

4 replies

cant you report it to soundcloud? most sites have a report spam and scam email addresses
where you can forward the messages for them to investigate!
Userlevel 6
if this has come through in a soundcloud message, there will be an option to block that user & then an additional option comes up to allow you to report the message as spam & its fired over to the soundcloud security guys who will deal with the account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
if this has come through in a soundcloud message, there will be an option to block that user & then an additional option comes up to allow you to report the message as spam & its fired over to the soundcloud security guys who will deal with the account.
Thanks RIP! User has been reported to our Trust and Safety team.
I have done just that, I hope this kind of thing doesn't happen too much!