Answered

Profile URL less than 3 characters

• 5 February 2016
  • 1 reply

• Booker*
  • 0 replies
I basically started with the a Profile URL I wanted, tried to change my default/random URL, was told I couldn't use less than 3 characters, then proceeded to confirm that I had seen other accounts actually using 2 characters. I can confirm that I have seen at least a few (as in 3) accounts that use URLs w/only 2 characters for the Profile URL. However, as I haven't seen any rules around the web about why there would be some 2 character account/URLs and why I cannot, I am unsure as to how I can take advantage of using 2 characters or if that is absolutely not allowed. Any help in clarifying the SoundCloud rules about this would be great!
icon

Best answer by Mathis 8 February 2016, 15:11

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It is basically a policy from our Trust & Safety team that causes for all new accounts to have 3 characters or more. The policy has not always existed and there might still be a few users with a URL that's shorter then 3 characters. However, no new accounts with a URL that consist of less then 3 characters can be created at this point.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. It is basically a policy from our Trust & Safety team that causes for all new accounts to have 3 characters or more. The policy has not always existed and there might still be a few users with a URL that's shorter then 3 characters. However, no new accounts with a URL that consist of less then 3 characters can be created at this point.