Sticky Solved

Random SoundCloud Go tracks added to my account?!

Userlevel 2
  • Tour manager*
  • 23 replies
My friend just told me that some random tracks have been added to my account, which seem to be SoundCloud Go Previews.

I checked and they are there, I can not edit them (except for DESCRIPTION and BUY-LINK)
My link is soundcloud.com/ksxi > if you press "Tracks" you'll find them.

Obviously, they are not mine and their whole album seems to be up there. Not very happy, I also find it really messed up that I can not edit it and the fact the people can upload content to mine and other people's account without appropriate authorisation from the account holder.

There may be a mistake as the band whos album is on my profile are named "XI" and my name used to be " XI Music" but I changed it around 1 month ago

Want this sorted ASAP
If you are able to help me please do so! :S

Thank you
icon

Best answer by Grizzly 8 December 2016, 16:22

here we go:

Hey Christian,

Thanks for getting in touch about this and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

As we've launched our SoundCloud Go subscription, some tracks have been mistakenly uploaded to your profile as part of our ingestion for the extended catalog SoundCloud Go offers. Our team is currently working on removing these tracks from mistaken profiles but we need help identifying them.

Please fill out this form (https://goo.gl/7kOGKJ) and let us know the details of this issue.

Thanks for you cooperation with this. We really appreciate your patience and hopefully we'll have everything up and running again for you shortly.

Thanks,
Neil

View original
This topic has been closed for comments

29 replies

Userlevel 2
YES ME TOO, soundcloud fix this ASAP your website is bugged now because this has happened to me also!! A person with the same name as me, his tracks have been uploaded to my page and i can't delete them. Really frustrating!
Userlevel 2
Koji. wrote:

YES ME TOO, soundcloud fix this ASAP your website is bugged now because this has happened to me also!! A person with the same name as me, his tracks have been uploaded to my page and i can't delete them. Really frustrating!

Just tried commenting on your post, but I used a cuss so they had to approve the comment.

This whole situation isn't even funny, once they sorted it out, they better give us some money or promote our music on the home page of SoundCloud for 3 years

Have you seen the amount of tracks on mine?!
Userlevel 2
Koji. wrote:

Imma do what you did and spam the hell outta the comments on those tracks
i cant even change my url back to weed 😕
Userlevel 2
­­­ wrote:

i cant even change my url back to weed :/

It has messed up my total time and I really dont understand how SoundCloud can even allow this thing happen without asking for explicit permission from the account holder.

Just shows the amount of security they have :S
Userlevel 2
Honestly its actually retarded how they could let this happen... and how bad this chat 'help' forum is. They don't even get back to you. How the hell are we supposed to get this bug fixed... i dont want my page plagued with these bullshit rock tracks (that are atrocious btw) forever... please fix soundcloud... and sort out a better help system! i can't be waiting around aimlessly hoping for an answer or a fix.
Userlevel 2
I know bro. Have you heard the tracks on my profile? Makes me want to stop production and punch a wall twice.
Right now, I have changed my e-mail and password.

Another weird thing, is that I made a topic at around 00:10GMT and at around 02:00GMT, the glitch added the songs to an album on my profile. I check before it wasnt there, and now it is. :S ?!?!?!?!??!

How long has it been on your profile for?

Is there a way to call SoundCloud?
Userlevel 2
I had a look but didn't listen... so weird how they're like 8 years old. I feel like theres been some thing where they've just shutdown inactive accounts and a glitch has happened where the tracks have gone onto pages with the same/similar name. which is beyond stupid.

I bloody wish, or even an email? couldn't find one. Let me know if you do ha

Me too man sometimes i refresh and they're gone, then i look back and they are there again! driving me f-ing insane mine have been up for about 14 hours now. If only we could just have access to the 'delete track' button for this sh*t.
Userlevel 1
same here
Userlevel 2
I think it would be quicker to walk to SoundCloud HQ in Germany and sort it out my self than it is for them to do it.

Hopefully, this can be resolved soon with no real implications to our accounts.

There must be a glitch with the names, the "artists" of the tracks on my account are called "xi", and my name used to be "XI music" but now it is "ksxi"

SoundCloud notice us!!!!
Userlevel 1
wait - they even changed your user name????
Userlevel 2
No, as in, I changed it around a month ago, but the fact that it used to be XI Music must be the reason why it must have happened to my account.
Userlevel 1
I see.
well - on my account now I have the album from a band from the year 1977, which are named "Grizzly" as well. If I'm on my landing page it seems "I" have uploaded them 3 years ago. If I click on these tracks themselfes - "uploaded 16 hours ago" - with the start of GO. then there is additional another track from another artist named "Grizzly" on my profile as well - but only as a preview. but the fact stays the same. not my content, dear soundcloud. please remove these tracks.
Userlevel 2
Grizzly wrote:

I see.
well - on my account now I have the album from a band from the year 1977, which are named "Grizzly" as well. If I'm on my landing page it seems "I" have uploaded them 3 years ago. If I click on these tracks themselfes - "uploaded 16 hours ago" - with the start of GO. then there is additional another track from another artist named "Grizzly" on my profile as well - but only as a preview. but the fact stays the same. not my content, dear soundcloud. please remove these tracks.

Exactly, I guess the only thing we can do is to wait for SoundCloud to figure out that they are broken.
They don't really read this forums. They don't have a contact number or e-mail (i think).

SORT IT OUT SOUNDCLOUD
Userlevel 2
Grizzly, is this you https://soundcloud.com/grizzly/d-s-feat-eonpi
Userlevel 1
absolutely: NO!!!! 😃

I'm from berlin and never went to korea (unfortunately)
Userlevel 2
Grizzly wrote:

absolutely: NO!!!! 😃

I'm from berlin and never went to korea (unfortunately)

but is that your account?
Userlevel 2
i just emailed contact@soundcloud.com as well just to be safe. scared for the worst right now.. just want these tracks gone. The band of the tracks that appeared on mine also has the same name as me so thats obviously glitch. soundcloud why are you so useless at getting back to us?! you need a moderator answering these questions 24/7!!
Userlevel 2
Please let us know if they get back to you, I'll try it aswell, I will also have a go at them for messing up 🙂
Userlevel 1
yes, my account.

I'm afraid I will get tons of more tracks added - since I am the first user here on SC (8 years ago) who named his page/artist/url "GRIZZLY" - and I know out there a re tons of bands & acts with the same name. so this url is pretty "famous".

hey soundcloud, guess what? GO fys.
Userlevel 2
ksxi isnt that normal, it is a username ffs lol
but I do know XI and XI Music is famous in the rock/metal world.
If you search in XI, it comes up with some satantic devlish rock punk shit.

So yeah SoundCloud, sort your fucking life out
Userlevel 1
here we go:

Hey Christian,

Thanks for getting in touch about this and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

As we've launched our SoundCloud Go subscription, some tracks have been mistakenly uploaded to your profile as part of our ingestion for the extended catalog SoundCloud Go offers. Our team is currently working on removing these tracks from mistaken profiles but we need help identifying them.

Please fill out this form (https://goo.gl/7kOGKJ) and let us know the details of this issue.

Thanks for you cooperation with this. We really appreciate your patience and hopefully we'll have everything up and running again for you shortly.

Thanks,
Neil
Userlevel 2
Grizzly wrote:

here we go:

Hey Christian,

Thanks,
Neil

Filled out, now waiting :S
Userlevel 2
My soundcloud page has been glitched by a bug where someone elses tracks have come up on my page and I cannot delete them. Have been trying to solve this issue for the past 3 days, posting on this board, emailing soundcloud, filling out various bug forms... and guess what. absolutely nothing. The help is terrible, why can't they just have someone full time manning this page and firing answers to everyone. I don't want my page to be plagued with these shitty tracks anymore and need some answers/solutions...
Userlevel 2
I am so fed up now. Filled out the form. Twice. Been almost a god damn week and nothing!

Seriously, SoundCloud sort your fucking shit out.

Gone on for WAY TOO LONG