Register new app

Userlevel 1
I'm a developer and i want build an application for enjoy music stream with SoundCloud API. However, I can't register new app in SoundCloud Developer because It's currently unavailable. Have anyone can share for me SoundCloud account which have API APP? Or let me know how can register new app at this time? Thanks so much.

9 replies

Phan Sinh wrote:

I'm a developer and i want build an application for enjoy music stream with SoundCloud API. However, I can't register new app in SoundCloud Developer because It's currently unavailable. Have anyone can share for me SoundCloud account which have API APP? Or let me know how can register new app at this time? Thanks so much.

I need also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Unfortunately, the app registration & API application process has currently been stopped for the time being. If this stops, we'll be sure to let users know about this here on the Community.

Thank you & all the best
Mathis
Mathis wrote:

Hi there,

Unfortunately, the app registration & API application process has currently been stopped for the time being. If this stops, we'll be sure to let users know about this here on the Community.

Thank you & all the best
Mathis

Can you maybe share with us a little more info about why this has been taken down? Seems this decision was taken since august 2017 maybe more...
Are there any alternatives? And for us who by chance created their App before API service went down, how can we check if our key is still valid? Because recently I obtain tremendous number of "Unauthorized 401" errors on some PHP scripts that haven't been touched since a year (mean are OK).
Thanks for your reply.
I will add my request to the thread as well. I would like to use soundcloud API to check the validity of videos/playlists I will embed on my site. I do this with youtube embeds. Otherwise, I risk having embeds become invalid which is a poor user experience. In order to use that API, I need a client ID. Any update on when/if this might be available? There are wonderful videos I would love to share through my site (e.g. chamber music) but until I have an API to periodically validate (and possibly remove) my embeds automatically, soundcloud is off my list. THANKS!
I also noticed that the SoundCloud Developer program is not accepting new applications? How is this possible for a company to grow? All other companies keep the developer registration open... Apple, Facebook, Google, etc. I thought I needed SoundCloud, but this really is forcing me to create an alternative. stay tuned... unscene.us
I also need to know if the program will be restored shortly or if I should definitely delete Soundcloud off my list ?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi,

Unfortunately, this program is closed for the unforeseen future 😕

As far as the reason behind this is concerned, the API was heavily abused to the point where we had to put a manual application process behind the registration process. Due to a lack of resources, we're not able to keep up this part of our product for the moment being. I'll be sure to pass on this topic to the product team for feedback though.

All the best
Mathis
code:
has forecast when to re-register new app
The option doesn't seem to be available right now on, can I develop with it anyway? When will it be available? I would like to have an API access? how can i proceed?