Question

remove my country?

• 15 October 2015
  • 26 replies

I cant seem to remove my country from displaying on my profile? I have it set now, and when I try to erase it and hit save it doesn't. I can remove my city just fine, but even with both fields blank my country still says on my profile.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry about the troubles. I was able to reproduce this from here as well and have now forwarded it to the relevant engineering team. Hope we can soon get this sorted for you.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Mathis
Seconded.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there, quick update on this one - Our developers have confirmed this is a bug on our end. They are looking into it at the moment and we're hoping it can be fixed soon. Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Cheers
Mathis
Still same problem, please fix this!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi pEACE,

I've pinged our engineers about this again. Hope we can fix this soon.
ideally id like to have just my profile name there. no actual first name/last name/country. is it possible about the first and last name?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

As mentioned before, not being able to delete your country details is currently a bug that needs to be fixed from our end. We're hoping this can soon be fixed.

All the best
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't remove country from my profile nice bug.

a few weeks ago i sent msg to sc and they said its known issue so please fix it
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't remove my 'Country' on my Profile..

can't remove 'Country' on my Profile
Happy you forwarded it, but this bug is since 3months+
Still a problem for me as well.. 😞
Me too
it takes this long to fix a very simple bug? More and more things are pushing my away from using Soundcloud altogether...
I also can't wait to get this bug finally fixed. Please Soundcloud team! 😞
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Having issues removing my Country from my account..

I tried removing my Country from my account, but it seems every time I refresh the page it will be still there.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't remove the 'country' option on my profile. PLEASE FIX.

I know this'll get merged, but it's really bugging me! It's a very simple bug and surely takes about 5 minutes to fix! I spent ages on my banner only to find it gets ruined by the artist location box! Pleeeeeeeaaassseeeee fix this!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

I have now asked for an update on fixing this. Hoping to hear back from the relevant team soon.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Does anyone know how to get rid of the country when you click edit info?.
when will the bug be fixed?
I'm having the same problem. Please fix this bug soon.
Hi there,

I have now asked for an update on fixing this. Hoping to hear back from the relevant team soon.

Thanks for your continued patience.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis,

Please fix this soon.

Cheers
aroble
please fix this
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled can't remove my country.

i want to remove my country on my profile but i can't
Any update on this? Bug still persists.

EDIT: After refreshing the page, removing the country from my profile worked. False alarm.

It should be noted that simply erasing the writable field results in a form error specifying the user to pick a country. To remove the country you must pick the blank option from the dropdown menu, which is not as intuitive.
hi, how can i remove my country aswell as my city?