Answered

Repost Ban glitching so hard, no one has helped my issue yet. hopefully soundcloud can get it together.

• 2 June 2016
  • 1 reply

So, as everyone knows, the repost/like ban bot on soundcloud is bullshit. you've probably experienced what I have experienced, where you repost maybe 2 of your OWN tracks and get hit with multiple week bans... smh soundcloud.

So, as ya'll know, it increases every time you hit the "ban" limit. But there is no way to know your limit. I recently got unbanned from reposting, I was banned for 3 weeks for reposting 4 of my own tracks all throughout the day. I am very active in the community, listening to hella tracks, leaving feedback, trying to better all producers. Every time I get off the ban, I repost a track or 2 a day MAYBE, but i still get hit with the ban. this is BULLSHIT. soundcloud has no good way to get bots, because this method is suppose to stop botting. But no, it just stops producers who word HARD and GRIND and actually give back. I've been a active supporting paying member and I've been treated poorly. I've asked employees to please somehow reset the weeks/days of the ban limit, or somehow make it that I can, like, repost my own fucking music. This is why the community is dying. Bullshit problems like this. Debating whether to keep my account, I haven't been able to repost my features for 6 months basically, maybe a day or 2 free. No associate has helped. I bet they will respond something bullshit to this post, and not actually fix the problem at hand.

I love you Soundcloud but please get this figured out i'm pissed off...
icon

Best answer by Mathis 3 June 2016, 10:25

Hi there,

Thanks for writing in for further clarification. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for reposting too many tracks, but instead for reposting the same tracks too often.

Our Trust & Safety team has applied a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account reposts a track, removes that repost, and then reposts the same track(s) again in a short period of time.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from reposting for this reason. As we work to prevent this activity in the future, if you run into this limit repeatedly (which you have actually), each block you receive will increase in length.

As it stands, your current block is set to expire in 29 days. Unfortunately, we cannot remove this block from your account before this time. We need to keep the playing field fair for all users and therefore can’t make exceptions.

We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place. If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mathis

P.S.: If you have further questions regarding this, please reach out to our Trust & Safety team.
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Thanks for writing in for further clarification. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for reposting too many tracks, but instead for reposting the same tracks too often.

Our Trust & Safety team has applied a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account reposts a track, removes that repost, and then reposts the same track(s) again in a short period of time.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from reposting for this reason. As we work to prevent this activity in the future, if you run into this limit repeatedly (which you have actually), each block you receive will increase in length.

As it stands, your current block is set to expire in 29 days. Unfortunately, we cannot remove this block from your account before this time. We need to keep the playing field fair for all users and therefore can’t make exceptions.

We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place. If you have any other questions or comments, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mathis

P.S.: If you have further questions regarding this, please reach out to our Trust & Safety team.