Solved

Someone is demanding I give them my URL

• 13 December 2017
  • 9 replies

I got contacted by a house music label that was first asking then demanding that I turn over my URL of MrGoodVibes to them. I changed my title name to my real name but that wasn't good enough. His last message on facebook was "no problem I will take the URL from you then through another way :)have a nice day" The place is called Shift The House........ Look I'm no Carl Cox but I DJ here and there and people pay me for it, can this dude mess with me?
icon

Best answer by s l i g h t 14 December 2017, 10:53

No they can't take it by force, unless they do some kind of hacking which would get them banned from SoundCloud.
I couldn't find anyone called "Share The House". Is it "We Share House"?
View original

9 replies

Sorry his record label is called Share The House
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
No they can't take it by force, unless they do some kind of hacking which would get them banned from SoundCloud.
I couldn't find anyone called "Share The House". Is it "We Share House"?
Looks like his SoundCloud handle is MrGoodVibes. The Share The House was his Facebook title. He ended up going with MrGoodVibes1 as his URL. I screenshoted his Facebook messages to me and sent them to SoundCloud with a harassment complaint so we’ll see what happens. Normally I wouldn’t care but that was a bit over the top.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Is it this person? https://soundcloud.com/mrgoodvibes1

If you look at their followers, from about the third row down they are all fake profiles. Buying those is something else that could get them banned. Quite clearly their "label" hasn't actually released anything. No uploads and not following anyone. It looks like they aren't that into music!
Yeah they had 1100 follows after just a few hours of being up when he couldn’t take my url. And yes it is that person
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jason,

If in doubt, please reach out to our Trust & Safety team for this matter, as they'll be able to help with this most efficiently.

Cheers
Mathis
Did That, They said they wouldn't do anything about it since the IM's happened on facebook and not their platform. Then they said I could get in trouble because i had said "if you REALLY need it we can talk money" which was more to get him to bugger off than anything, but in the terms of use it says I can't sell a profile. I posted screenshots of the conversation on my facebook and my friends rallied to my defense. One of them ratted him out to facebook for using a fake name so that caused him some problems.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Jason,

Sorry if this was phrased in a misleading way. I believe our trust & safety team member merely wanted to advise to note engage in a negotiation with this other person no matter what. Reporting it to the team was definitely the right thing to do. As far as the messaging is concerned - SoundCloud won't be able to act upon the activity on another platform (e.g. Facebook). If your SoundCloud URL gets taken away from you in an unauthorized manner, this change would be logged on our backend, and will be investigated for fraud. It sounds like so far, nothing has happened in this regards. If you have further questions, or something else happens, I'd advise to report back via the trust & safety email you received.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Anyway, it looks like they've deleted their SoundCloud account or have changed the name.