Answered

Someone is only keeping their account active in an attempt to sell the url

• 7 June 2016
  • 1 reply

So basically I recently changed my artist name on soundcloud because it just has a better feel and was just a much better choice than the alternative, but when setting up the url it turns out someone already had the url I was wanting which isn't uncommon. I know there are a ton of users, but the original account that had the url was pretty inactive so i did the url request form only to find out they had been active within the past 6 months, but their account had nothing on it. I decided to message the owner of the account asking if there was anyway i could get the url and he replied saying he's trying to sell the url and now trying to get me to bid against another person for it. It just seems a little wrong to me that this is the way this guy is handling it. Is this kind of thing okay? Even if i paid him how would I be sure that I'd get the url? He actually deleted the original account I messaged and switched the url to a different account that seems active but all he's really doing is reposting stuff to remain active. Even in the description of the account he's saying to DM his twitter account for inquiries about the url. Does anyone know if there is anything against this or is this a completely okay thing to do? I don't know, it just kind of feels wrong.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 8 June 2016, 12:02

Hi there,

Please reach out to our Trust & Safety team about this. They are investigation such issues.

Thanks!
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Please reach out to our Trust & Safety team about this. They are investigation such issues.

Thanks!