Answered

Soundcloud Account Frozen, Can't Get it Back

• 21 March 2017
  • 1 reply

So a couple weeks ago I got an email from transaction-review@soundcloud.com stating that my account had been frozen due to a charge back on a card that was used for their pro plan. I couldn't find any record of this charge (you need to send them a copy of the bill to prove it's not fraudulent to get your account back). It was under my father's name as he got the pro account for me a couple years ago as a gift. It has been recurring since then. The card used literally has the same last name in it as my email account I used to sign up with soundcloud, and my artist name is based on the initials used in that email. If that's not a sign that this wasn't fraudulent I don't know what is. Who would create an email account with the same last name of the person they were trying to defraud? And I didn't even get the pro account right away, there was maybe a year period between creating my account and going pro. They refuse let me pay with a different card.

Now what I believe happened is they charged my dad's credit card which he cancelled late last year due to real fraudulent charges. According to this (https://uncrunched.com/2012/08/26/my-undead-credit-card/) a credit card which has been cancelled can still be charged if it's a recurring payment. I believe that the credit card company caught that it was from his cancelled card and automatically did the charge back. Because of this there's no mention of it in any of his bills, so I can't provide the proof they are asking for. This charge is so obviously not fraudulent, but they've taken away my entire account (not just the pro features that I paid for). Meanwhile I'm losing money on potential leases and exclusives for my music. This would be the third year I'm paying for a pro account, a reliable paying customer, and they've done absolutely nothing to try to help me or understand this situation. It is extremely frustrating. Even more frustrating is getting texts and emails from friends and collaborators constantly asking about my account. I was in the middle of a 2 track, $250 deal with an artist, and he's now convinced that I'm going to try to vanish after taking his money due to my account no longer existing.

tl;dr - Soundcloud has frozen my account due to a "fraudulent charge" that very obviously isn't fraudulent and is losing me money. I can't provide the proof they want that it wasn't fraudulent because it doesn't exist. I've been a paying customer for a long time and they can't help me in the slightest. I'm very frustrated. What can I do?

This is Case# 3726713
icon

Best answer by Mathis 24 March 2017, 11:33

Hi there,

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. This will require our Safety team to investigate and gather specific info from you. Hence, see here for further steps to this issue:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003563468-It-says-my-account-is-frozen-and-I-can-t-sign-in

Cheers
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. This will require our Safety team to investigate and gather specific info from you. Hence, see here for further steps to this issue:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003563468-It-says-my-account-is-frozen-and-I-can-t-sign-in

Cheers
Mathis