Question

This soundcloud help forum is beyond a joke, can't get help anywhere. Where are the answers?!

• 12 December 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
My soundcloud page has been glitched by a bug where someone elses tracks have come up on my page and I cannot delete them. Have been trying to solve this issue for the past week, posting on this board, emailing soundcloud, filling out various bug forms... and guess what. absolutely nothing. The help is terrible, why can't they just have someone full time manning this page and firing answers to everyone. I don't want my page to be plagued with these shitty tracks anymore and need some answers/solutions...

(don't just delete this post like you did last time soundcloud... answer the f*cking question.)

6 replies

Userlevel 2
I +1 this.

SoundCloud, sort it out, seriously. You have added a whole ALBUM from 2008 to my page. An 8 year old ALBUM. Seriously?
My page is full of trap, hip hop, R&B and World beats. Not fucking ROCK music. You are kinda defaming my page, right?
Not acceptable.

You achknowledged it by sending out an e-mail, but that's it? Fucking pathetic. One of the worlds most popular music platforms on the WHOLE WEB, can't fix there stupid site.

@Koji. This is fucking dumb, we shouldn't have to put up with this. For you and your large audience, you will need to say something to make sure everyone knows that shit aint yours.

This is really pissing me off dude, ALMOST A WEEK OF THIS SHIT.

SoundCloud, for the last fucking time, SORT OUT PAGES OUT.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there you two,

Thanks for getting in touch about this and sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

@Koji: As we've launched our SoundCloud Go subscription, some tracks have been mistakenly uploaded to your profile as part of our ingestion for the extended catalog SoundCloud Go offers. Our team is currently working on removing these tracks from mistaken profiles but we need help identifying them.

Please fill out this form (https://goo.gl/7kOGKJ) and let us know the details of this issue. Thank you!

@ksxi yours is a bit different: The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks is because they are managed by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted. For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly. They will hopefully be able to clarify the situation for you soon.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 2
Hey there you two,

@ksxi yours is a bit different: The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks is because they are managed by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted. For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly. They will hopefully be able to clarify the situation for you soon.

Considering I am not signed to a label nor do I have a director on my account, not sure how this is the issue. Still really pissed off. I can't believe it took someone this damn long to answer.

Still waiting on the answer, because it looks like the actual label of the artist whos garbage was uploaded to my page, is able to do it to anyones page, where on earth is the secuirty, authorisation or email that I SHOULD get when something is getting uploaded to my page?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi ksxi,

Sorry to hear this is an ongoing issue. I can understand how frustrating this must be. It looks like you're with RouteNote, so I suggest you reach out to them to sort this out.

Please note that this is a Help Community, not a ticketing system to reach out to SoundCloud's support. (The moderators do what they can to help on an individual level as much as possible, but given the volume of traffic coming our way on the community, this can sometimes take a while)

Generally speaking, if you have questions regarding your particular account, we highly suggest reaching out to our team via email or via the relevant contact points on our Help Center, as an investigation of these cases might involve the collection of personal data. If you need further assistance with this, please reach out via help[at]soundcloud.com

All the best to you ksxi,
Mathis
Userlevel 2
@Manthis

I was with them for about 2 days. I deactivated my account with them.

Can you see if it is still active?

Also, I tried emailing SoundCloud with no reply
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey again @ksxi,

Hmm, ok - matter of fact I cannot see that from here, however also wasn't able to find an email from the address that is attached to the account from which you're writing in on the Help Community.

You know what? Given this requires further investigation from a different team on our end (one that does not respond on the Help Community but via email) and the exchange of personal data, please send an email once again to contentsupport[at]soundcloud.com to make sure this can be handled properly. Make sure to provide them with the SoundCloud account in question, and preferably provide a list of the tracks that have appeared on your account in error so the team can start investigating straight away. Feel free to say "hi" from Mathis and refer to the topic here on the Help Community.

Also, feel free to respond here once you've done so - I'll check in again on this topic tomorrow and can double check if the email made its way through to the right team.

Phew - hope we can sort this one with you soon. Time to get back into the creative process! :-)

Cheers
Mathis