Tips if you are having trouble with email or not receiving your email confirmation

Userlevel 4
Confirmation emails are generally sent out instantly. If you haven't received one yet, please try the following:

1. Check your spam folder to make sure it didn't end up there by accident

2. Add mailer [at] soundcloud [dot] com to your address book in your email settings. It may be that your email provider has bounced our email confirmation.

3. Try again to re-send the email confirmation from your account (this can be done through your Email Settings page).

4. If it still isn't working, check to see if there's a typo in your email in your Email Settings page.

Email requirements

It’s important to understand that the email address used to originally create a SoundCloud account will be used to indicate ownership of the account for the duration of it’s existence. Therefore it’s advisable to take extra care when selecting the email address you’re going to use when creating an account.

If you’re signing up to SoundCloud with an email address, please note the following:
  • An email address can only be associated with one SoundCloud account at a time. It is not possible to manage multiple accounts from one email address.
  • The Email address you use on your SoundCloud account is not made publicly visible to others on SoundCloud.
  • We use the email you enter to confirm your new SoundCloud account, we’ll send a confirmation emailto do this. For this reason it’s important that you use an active email address that you have access to.
  • Please note that until the email address has been confirmed you will not be able to upload any content or images to the account.

Lastly, right now we're having trouble processing email sign ups that include:

• info@,
  • mail@
  • admin@
  • soundcloud@
  • or email addresses that use the format of name@name[...].com.

If after this you continue to have difficulties confirming your email address, please reach out to our Account Access team directly.

Thanks

118 replies

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled confirmation e-mail.

Won't get a confirmation e-mail and I've been using my primary e-mailaddress since the launch of Soundcloud years ago. Please help, as I can't upload my monthly radio show now!
Thanks for the merge. I read that Soundcloud is having problems with certain e-mailaddresses and mine included info@...com but I changed it to other email addresses and at none of them a confirmation is received.
Also I don't see SC write about what they intend to do on the problem and at what term they suspect a solution?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Add and confirm another email adres.

Hi, I'm trying to add another email adres but I don't receive a confirmation email. I've tried this on a mac and windows with Chroom Safari and Explorer but it doesn't work. I do not have a spam filter.

How to fix this? Thanks.
I've tried 3 different email addresses but they all failed. I have no spam filter on all my accounts and used no mail that include info, soundcloud etc.

Maybe Soundcloud can confirm my email adress?
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Issue confirming primary address.

I just logged into my SC account and tried to upload a track, but got a message telling me I need to confirm my email address first. I visited the accounts settings page and it said SC cannot send emails to my primary address..even though I am receiving emails from SC about other members to that address daily. I even just got an email ( Welcome to the SoundCloud community, powered by Get Satisfaction!
from SoundCloud) when I tried to sign in here!

I've clicked on the "resend confirmation" link, but no confirmation emails arrive!

I HAVE NOT updated or changed anything on my system..and I can send emails to my primary address from other email accounts..and SC seems to be able to send them, too, regardless of it telling me it can't!

None of this makes any sense at all..how can the system be sending me emails to an address I already confirmed ages ago..and yet it now says it hasn't been confirmed and can't send emails to it, even though it clearly is sending emails???

Can somebody please sort this out A.S.A.P, as I can't use the service as it is.

Ambient Mechanics
Ambient Mechanics wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Issue confirming primary address.

I just logged into my SC account and tried to upload a track, but got a message telling me I need to confirm my email address first. I visited the accounts settings page and it said SC cannot send emails to my primary address..even though I am receiving emails from SC about other members to that address daily. I even just got an email ( Welcome to the SoundCloud community, powered by Get Satisfaction!

I've clicked on the "resend confirmation" link, but no confirmation emails arrive!

I HAVE NOT updated or changed anything on my system..and I can send emails to my primary address from other email accounts..and SC seems to be able to send them, too, regardless of it telling me it can't!

None of this makes any sense at all..how can the system be sending me emails to an address I already confirmed ages ago..and yet it now says it hasn't been confirmed and can't send emails to it, even though it clearly is sending emails???

Ambient Mechanics

As I've stated in a reply to the email I received from SoundCloud, merging my post with this thread DOE NOT explain what's gone wrong and why this issue is happening in the first place..nor does it correct what appears to be an on-going issue!

The email address I have registered with SoundCloud has been in confirmed years ago and has never been a reason or caused an issue before..so why now after all this time is there apparently something wrong..what's changed on your end to cause this to happen?

Expecting answers to all of this is too much to ask.
Ambient Mechanics wrote:

Ambient Mechanics

My thoughts exactly!
estroe wrote:

Thanks for the merge. I read that Soundcloud is having problems with certain e-mailaddresses and mine included info@...com but I changed it to other email addresses and at none of them a confirmation is received.
Also I don't see SC write about what they intend to do on the problem and at what term they suspect a solution?

Thanks for the "like"..just wondering if the issue has been sorted out for you..or are you still unable to upload after changing your email address?

My primary address is an "info" one, too..but there's little point in changing it if I'm not going to be able to confirm a new address! This makes using SC completely pointless. I really do want ot keep using the service, but with things like this happening and are not sorted out, I'm starting to think maybe it's time to look elsewhere.
estroe wrote:

No it's still unsorted, I've tried 4 different e-mailadresses and the problem remains.
I'm a customer since the beginning so I'll give them a break, trusting that they will solve the problem soon.
But it really sucks bigtime indeed.
estroe wrote:

Yeah..I'm the same..really trying to stick with them, but I don't see how I can if the service isn't working as it should. I mean, this issue didn't exist for me over the year until recently..and now it's like I have to change my email address to fix it..and even that might not work, going by what you and others have posted..when the problem clearly seems to be on SC's end..something they've changed perhaps, I don't know.

My point is they should sort it out..or at least explain just why this is happening. Moving posts like this is no way to address an issue a member is having..what kind of "support" is that?

Sorry, I'm ranting now..and that doesn't help anyone..but I guess you understand what I mean and why I feel as I do.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled hey i havent received email confirmation its been almost half hour.

access issues
Ambient Mechanics wrote:

Ambient Mechanics

Update:
I tried it with a gmail account instead of a .com e-mailaddress.
I do receive the confirmation link in my mailbox but when I click on this I get this result:
Sorry, something went wrong.

Is anyone reading our post and when will you fix this Soundcloud!!
I've solved the problem by adding a gmail address. I've received a confirmation mail within a few seconds and now it works fine.
Blackwater wrote:

I've solved the problem by adding a gmail address. I've received a confirmation mail within a few seconds and now it works fine.

Thanks..I did likewise and everything is working fine now for me, too. That said, there's still no explanation as to why my original email address was suddenly blocked by the system, when it has been confirmed years ago and been in use without issue since then.

It's clear somebody changed something on the SC side that has caused this issue to bug so many accounts..but there is no feedback or accounting by SC for it..which kinda sucks, showing SC support in a bad light and an apparent disregard for the users of this service.

To be honest, I've had enough for this and I intend to move completely over to another service as soon as I can.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled i already have confirmed the e mail and every time i want to upload music soundcl....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled mi dice sempre di confermare l'email io confermo ma non va lo stesso di nuovo la ....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Please check your email before uploading" Problem ~How to Fix?~.

Hello,

I am having a problem where when I try to upload a song it says "Please confirm your email address before uploading" and there is a link to my email settings.

I'm wondering how to resend the email confirmation link so I can post?

Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Jezza wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled "Please check your email before uploading" Problem ~How to Fix?~.

Hello,

I am having a problem where when I try to upload a song it says "Please confirm your email address before uploading" and there is a link to my email settings.

I'm wondering how to resend the email confirmation link so I can post?

Thanks.

Hi there Jezza,

I've confirmed your email address now so you should be all set actually. Happy SoundClouding 😉
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email Confirmation Issue..

Hello, I am having difficulty confirming my account.
I have not received a confirmation email.
Help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Edgar Stumblewood wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Email Confirmation Issue..

Hello, I am having difficulty confirming my account.
I have not received a confirmation email.
Help is greatly appreciated,
Thank you.

Hi Edgar,

Just looked into this for you - you're all set 🙂 If you're still having trouble, please try logging out, restart your browser then try again.

Happy SoundClouding!

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The soundcloud confirmation email simply will not arrive to my inbox..

The soundcloud confirmation email simply will not arrive to my inbox. I've been using the same email here on Soundcloud since 2009 yet for some reason *now* it's been marked as not confirmed.... help?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Stepping Forward Records wrote:

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled The soundcloud confirmation email simply will not arrive to my inbox..

The soundcloud confirmation email simply will not arrive to my inbox. I've been using the same email here on Soundcloud since 2009 yet for some reason *now* it's been marked as not confirmed.... help?

Hi there,

Hmm, looks like one of the emails the system tried to send your way bounced, which is probably why the email address got unconfirmed. I've manually confirmed this for now so you're all set for the moment being. However, please check with your provider to see if emails from SoundCloud can come through properly (and see the other steps outlined in the original post). You can manage your email addresses in your account settings.

Sorry about the troubles.

Cheers
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I can't Confirm my email! Please Help! Network Error (tcp_error) A communicati....
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Not receiving confirmation email or password reset emails.

Hi guys, Mathis if you're around n___n

I'm not receiving a confirmation email for this paid Stepping Forward Records account we run. It's been in use with the same (previously confirmed?) email for years... not sure how many years but I'd say around 6 at this point. Even though I have asked for this confirmation to be resent many times over the past week - it never arrives. I have checked my spam folder(s) and it isn't there. Could you take a look at this please?

I've also tried adding another email address that I use... well, a few in fact - all do the same thing. The little message that an email has been sent pops up - and nothing. I have artists actively trying to send us demos for release and we're unable to respond to them 😮

Best regards
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled confirmation email.

hi there , i dont get the confirmation email 😕
i tried it many times , can someone help me ? 🙂