Question

Track got Remove from Soundcloud due to Copyright.

• 11 April 2019
  • 2 replies

Greetings, I am new on using Soundcloud I was using a DJ Remix app that allow me to remix some music as a DJ Set Remix but i guess it got downloaded to my Soundcloud account then I got an email from Soundcloud Copyright Team that the DJ Remix was remove for Copyrights reason. My question is do I have to contact this department to notify them that the remix was downloaded by mistake? or I don't need to reply to the email since this department has already remove it from my Soundcloud. Please advice whats the procedure on this. Thank You.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

I've looked into this - some of your tracks were indeed blocked due to containing copyright protected material. These blocks were done automatically by the content ID system, hence there is no further action required from your end unless you believe these takedowns were made in error (for instance, because you do own the copyrights or have permission to publish these tracks on SoundCloud).

It would be a slightly different scenario if the actual rights holder had reported the copyright infringement. In that case, you would receive a strike on your account. Since it was blocked automatically though, this block does not affect your account in any way.

Cheers
Mathis
Thank you Mathis, for looking into this and replying to my message.

Best regards.