Question

Tracks appearing on my profile I didn't upload?

There are a bunch of tracks (a few of mine and a load of tracks that are not mine but written by a group with the same name as me) that have appeared on my profile that I definitely do not want there. How do I go about removing these? I try to delete them but I get a message saying the track is managed directly by the rights holder, and cannot be removed/edited.

23 replies

Well I found the profile issue form, but it sounds like only the tracks from the other group with the same name as me will get sorted. Have several tracks of my own (including the same one multiple times) now on my profile in full versions, ready to rip by whoever, for tracks I don't want on my profile. Since when did I lose control of what music of my own I put on my profile? If this doesn't get sorted ASAP I'm deleting my account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Hackman,

The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks (your own tracks, that is) is because they are managed by either your label or distributor. In order to prevent errors caused by conflicting updates to tracks, changes to automatically managed tracks have been restricted.

For more information about this, please contact your label or distributor directly. They will hopefully be able to clarify the situation for you soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Best,
Mathis
Right so basically youre telling me i dont have control over what gets uploaded to my account anymore and that you expect me to run around chasing labels and publishers getting it sorted when its soundclouds problem?
Bye bye soundcloud
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again Hackman,

I'm really sorry about the inconvenience with this. Essentially, the tracks on your account that you cannot control were uploaded by your label / distributor for the sake of monetization - because you (or, respectively, your label) are part of the partner program. Hence, there must be some sort of agreement between you and your label, and we ask you to sort this out on your end.

Best
Mathis
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Hi there Hackman,

The reason you’re unable to delete or edit these tracks (your own tracks, that is) is because they are managed by either your label or distributor.
Mathis

But what has happened here is not the poster's label/distributor adding tracks to his account, which in itself would be bad enough. It's a different artist's label/distributor doing it and most likely without that other artist's permission either.
It is happening to a lot of people and it feels like SoundCloud is allowing our accounts to be hacked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @s l i g h t, thanks for your comment.

The way I understood Hackman was that his was an odd case where both issues / his label/distribution is actually part of the Partner program, too).

@Hackman - please shed some light on this. Either way, it might actually be best to continue comms about this via email. (contentsupport[at]soundcloud.com)
My publisher and label both deny uploading these tracks, so what happens now? Is Soundcloud going to remove them or am I going to delete my account and use another service instead?
I don't do Hackman stuff anymore so it's really not a big deal for me to delete the account. I'd rather not for obvious reasons, but if I don't have control over what content is visible on my own bloody account, I'd rather have no account!
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again @Hackman,

I personally am not in control to delete these tracks. I cannot promise the outcome (as a different team handles this kind of cases), so I'm kindly asking you to send an email to the content support email address above. Please provide them with your account URL and provide the list of tracks that a) you created but didn't upload and b) a list of tracks that you did not create but that still showed up on your profile (if this is still the case) to make sure they can investigate the case right away.

Also, let them know with whom and at which label / distribution you communicated.

Phew, really hope you can soon focus on the creative process again, I can imagine how nerve wrecking this must be!

Best
Mathis
"Phew, really hope you can soon focus on the creative process again, I can imagine how nerve wrecking this must be!"

I have no way of knowing whether you're being sarcastic or not with that comment, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I will email the content support email address then.

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
@Hackman - not being sarcastic at all. I make music myself and can relate to your situation 100%!
Ok fair enough, apologies 🙂
For what it's worth, the same thing is happening to me. Thread here. https://soundcloudcommunity.com/account-access-copyright-trust-safety-229932/tracks-by-another-artist-appearing-the-tracks-section-my-profile-7353523

I hope this gets resolved for all of us having this issue.
Ive had the same issue. A few days ago, multiple instances of music that is by an artist with the same name as me has appeared on my account(I'm taking multiples of the same track) and I can't delete them. The option is greyed out.

https://soundcloud.com/drox is my profile and the other tracks are linked to this account https://soundcloud.com/helicopta-records

I have sent a support request a day or so ago and no response saying they are looking into the issue or anything. Pretty shitty service in my opinion since up until recently I have been a Pro member for years and now someone else can edit my account without my consent is enough for me to cancel my account.

Please PM me a direct email address of someone so I can follow this up.

Anyone have any other suggestions other than posting on social media (which I will be doing tonight)?
Ive still not had the problematic tracks removed. Ive sent several support requests, zero response. Ive been polite, and rude, zero response.
Ive contacted the rightsholder of the tracks and been completely ignored. Makes me think theyre happy for the tracks to stay on ny profile because theyre monetized, even if they will be generating tiny sums.

To be clear, we're talking about two whole albums of some shite heavy rock group that also happens to be called Hackman on my profile. Absolutely no idea how to get rid of them, and its conpletely shameful that soundcloud hasnt addressed the problem. I would have deleted my account if i didnt have over 20k followers, that id like to make use of in the future.
Would be great to have a direct email to someone at soundcloud who can sort this out? If that isnt too troubling for soundcloud to deal with?
what is going on with this issue soundcloud needs to sort this asap I have the same problem and the label who's tracks apprared on my profile is now defunct and not contactable !
This is happening to me too. Anyone found a fix?
Same here
I am fed up with my label upmoading old tracks that dos not represent my actual style
We pay 100 dol for soundcloud and we are hostage from soundcloud and label we dont control our own pages
Shame
Im a PRO user of Soundcloud 7 years now ...with 79k followers
I am paying every year your company .

Why you treat me like this ???
Why you let a distributor or a label ..to post under my name on MY PERSONAL SOUNDCLOUD ???
Without my approval ,without my permission .
I cannot do nothing ...i cannot edit it , i cannot delete the post .
What is that ?
Why you are doing this ?
Why you let someone post on my personal page?

No one can post on my Facebook,No one can post on my Instagram or Twitter .
Why someone can enter on my personal acoount and post tracks that i dont want there ???
How you let them ?

Check my profile .... www.soundcloud.com/HiProfileGR
Check my posts .... 1million plays, 500k plays and more ...
And Check this "fake" posts that i didn't post with few plays ...same track over and over .

This thing destroys my career ,this thing is harming my image ....with few plays and with old tracks with old style that i DONT WANT to be on my PERSONAL Soundcloud page ,thats why i never posted.
And this label (that i worked in 2011) they are keep re-re-re-released the same tracks over and over.
So now what ? I will have the same track posted 10 times? Are you serious??

Now in 2018 i have tracks with Paul Oakenfold & Armin van Buuren ...and i dont want someone to post old tracks of mine in MY SOUNDCLOUD PERSONAL page without my permission .
Im receiving messages from my fans ,asking if my soundcloud has been hacked,and why im keep posting old tracks.Some of them they believe that some tracks are new ...and they dont like my music .But these tracks are 8 years old .

• Remove them,remove those tracks from my PERSONAL page NOW ....or else i will take any legal action with my lawyers , and you will pay me A LOT !!!! Because you are destroying my career and also you are giving access to my PRIVATE social platform without my permission .
This is a serious privacy policy breach !!!!
  • Protect my page NOW or else i will sue you ....
*** Dont answer me to contact with the distributor to solve this .
Its not my job .... im paying you a lot of money every year to protect me PRO page safe .

**Answer ...ASAP or else you will have problems

www.soundcloud.com/HiProfileGR
www.facebook.com/HiProfileGR
www.instagram.com/HiProfileGR
www.twitter.com/HiProfileGR
www.youtube.com/HiProfileGR

https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/txYvBMWRFWtcmLVTY___oKkuvZF8cOje46ETul_RJSR_Q0Nni5RL1Ex0TycHJF4pgc3poY1xDXODSugAlUj_n0njW38zbqkaWG-BlKga8Hvl3JjxKngny8CJxTpoQyZDBA=s0-d-e1-ft#https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0BwJwHz937XSfb0lCZmJXbnBWU1E&export=download
Im a PRO user of Soundcloud 7 years now ...with 79k followers
I am paying every year your company .

Why you treat me like this ???
Why you let a distributor or a label ..to post under my name on MY PERSONAL SOUNDCLOUD ???
Without my approval ,without my permission .
I cannot do nothing ...i cannot edit it , i cannot delete the post .
What is that ?
Why you are doing this ?

i totaly agree with high profile we have the same problem with the same label it can't continue like this
it's time for soundcloud to take mesure
it's a private profil that we pay for authorised someone else to publish on our private profil is against privacy
This just happened to me as well. I am super angry that soundcloud is allowing this invasion of security and privacy. And I even pay for the monthly pro account yet i do not have control over my account??? I want to delete my profile also.

I cannot believe soundcloud has gotten this bad. The fact that unauthorized changes can be made to personal accounts is completely unacceptable.
why is there someone else's music on my page. ? How do I get rid of it?
edit: sorry - this reply was misplaced and I was unable to delete.
Seems we are not alone with this. Pretty shocking to have someone else's music uploaded to your profile with no way to delete it. 😞