Question

Transfer songs I've liked from one account to another/Disable restriction on liking songs

• 7 February 2017
  • 3 replies

I'm afraid that a song on one of my DJ mixes may be the cause for my account being shut down. I guess it's a hard lesson learned to have to start over, but I accept this.

My only issue, is that when I create a new account, I don't want to have to track down all the songs I liked and artists I followed. Take my account, take my stats, make me create a new account and start from scratch, but I rely on the songs I liked and artists I follow to give me something to listen to at work. Because I don't procrastinate, I planned on just taking an evening to re-like and re-follow everything but I keep getting flagged as spam. I'm not spam, I just don't want my old account to get shut down before I can add all the artists and songs i liked to my new profile. Is there any way to lift this restriction, or at the very least get a text file of all the songs in my "likes" so that if my account gets shut down, I can have something to go through to find those songs again?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi again Chris,

Thanks for getting back to me. Yikes, from what I see from my end (not on the copyrights team, hence restricted insights) you might actually be right. Adding tracks to playlists sounds like a very good idea in that case!

All the best to you,
Mathis
I'm pretty certain the old account will be closed. I recieved a copyright claim at the end of last week (soundcloud.com/thatboichris2), and if my rebuttal is denied, it will be my 3rd strike. So I'm just working tirelessly to make sure all those songs are saved some kind of way before this happens.

There seems to be no restriction on adding songs to playlists, though, and since ultimately I'm trying to put all my liked songs in different playlists, I think I may just do that instead of re-liking and then adding them to playlists. No need to do both and it does save on an extra step, but i just wish there was a less time consuming way. Aw well.

I do understand why you cannot make exceptions though. There are enough bots as it is on SC. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

These limits are in place due to some users (and bots, unfortunately) abusing certain features on SoundCloud. We cannot make exceptions for specific accounts either, so I'm afraid you'll have to stretch out your liking of your tracks. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find your previous account to see what seems to be wrong with it. Are you certain this account is going to be suspended / terminated? If you'd like us to check, please let us know here or send an email to our support team.

Cheers
Mathis