Answered

Tried deleting my account now it’s frozen and my account is still viewbable with my tracks

• 29 December 2018
  • 2 replies

Tried deleting my soundcloud account perminantly. Now it’s frozen and my account is still viewable with my tracks and I want my soundcloud account deleted completely.
soundcloud.com/noah-de-takats

please delete this account, it’s just frozen and still viewable. I want it permanently deleted.
icon

Best answer by Mathis 22 January 2019, 18:03

Hey there,

The account you mentioned has not been deleted, and is not and never has been frozen from what I can see. If you continue to have issues with it, I'd recommend to reset the password of the account to get access again, then decide whether or not you really want to delete the account.

Forgotten password:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003451107-I-forgot-my-password

Delete account:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003563188-Deleting-your-account

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 1
They offered no explanation and no warning?

Maybe it was a glitch? Maybe a bot? Either way, they are holding your music hostage. That's unlawful. Contact the FBI, they will investigate and arrest the person who did it.

Soundcloud allows spammers and scammers posing as record companies to scam us creators but yet they are screwing with you and other creators. They are acting like the gangsters at Youtube. You know the type... nasty little millennials who desperately needed the crap beaten out of them in school but didn't get it. They seem to have no honor.

You may want to report them to the Contact the Federal Trade Commission | Federal Trade ...

SoundCloud recently announced $35,000,000 in debt financing so it's likely they won't be raising another private round any time soon. Their shares won't available to the masses until the company goes public or gets acquired (in which case you could invest in the acquirer assuming they are publicly traded). As a stock holder you would be privy to their financial reports and so would law enforcement.

If SoundCloud shareholders decide they are looking for some liquidity, they can approach secondary market platforms that can facilitate these types of investments pre-IPO. Due to regulations, only accredited investors (as defined by the SEC) are able to invest in the secondary deals.

Chances are, the overseas loans they secured to prop up their failing business were probably illegal. No American bank or venture capital group will touch them. Think about it. How does Soundcloud make money? They don't. They borrow and scam the banks whose CEOs get a piece of the action. The SEC is probably keeping an eye on them.

Think about it. How does a music platform like Soundcloud lose $35,000,000? Where did the money go?

Key people At Soundcloud
Alexander Ljung (Founder & Chairman)
Eric Wahlforss (Founder & CPO), Here's his linkedin account. https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericw/
Kerry Trainor (CEO), He's in NYC and seems to be hiding.
Artem Fishman (CTO)
Micheal Weissman COO

SoundCloud phone number in Berlin 49 30247 81000

Soundcloud's New York office is on the fourth floor of 101 Fifth Avenue, New York NY 10003-1008 They don't supply a number.

You can contact all these upper management types on Linkedin. In the meantime I will get all their US contact info and start my own investigation.

Soundcloud in the US has no phone number available. That's a sign of sleazy business practices.

If they don't resolve it I will speak to a friend who used to work for NYS Attorney General and who now specializes in class action and qui tam law suits. He worked on the Tunecore fraud investigation.

In 2017 Soundcloud secured a over 170 million to stay afloat. But I think they will screw that up too. Soundcloud is positioned to dominate streaming and downloads but like AOL, corporate screw ups who understand finance but not business will screw it up while they line their pockets in the process of vulture capitalism ruin good businesses. In the meantime they employ the same preppy punks Google and Youtube hires.

SoundCloud has lost over $70M in 2 years, board cites ...

SoundCloud's Financial Losses Are Way, Way Worse Than We ...

www.digitalmusicnews.com › Financials
SoundCloud has released its 2016 financials. Despite growing revenue, losses have nearly doubled to $100 million, with even more expected for 2017.

Soundcloud has a world Page rank of 109 and a Page rank of 67 in the US that is HUGE but they are too inept to properly monetize for their benefit and the creators' benefits. The engineers and developers created something good and the corporate fools running SC who could lose money stealing cars and selling them are raping it and destroying it. It's a shame. Soundcloud could be turning huge profits while providing a chance for creators to make a few bucks but that would take common sense, hard work and vision on Soundcloud's part.

Most of us who create and upload our music as a labor of love and that brings traffic to Soundcloud but the suits at Soundcloud can't or won't figure out how to take advantage of their chance to make big profits and fairly compensate their creators. Like Youtube, Soundcloud is screwing its creators. They have us by the short hairs. That's the corporate philosophy, "When you have em by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

I takes a lot of work beating corporate gang members at their game but it can be done.

Some of my music was stolen and all the other download and streaming site took it down but Google Plat wouldn't and I had to put the boots to Jeff Bezos and his barracuda Jamie Gorlick in a series of articles about them and Amazon's criminal conduct here and abroad after Bezo's newspaper the Washington Post read them, so it can be done. I also received a letter of apology from Bezo's. Bad people behave lawfully only because they fear the law. Corporations are exempt from the law in the US but Soundcloud is based in Berlin and German law enforcement is more aggressive when it comes to corporate malfeasance. If it wasn't a bot that froze your account, it was probably some punk who used to work for Youtube.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

The account you mentioned has not been deleted, and is not and never has been frozen from what I can see. If you continue to have issues with it, I'd recommend to reset the password of the account to get access again, then decide whether or not you really want to delete the account.

Forgotten password:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003451107-I-forgot-my-password

Delete account:
https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003563188-Deleting-your-account

Cheers
Mathis