Question

Unable to unrepost sounds from user who blocked me (they appeared again on my page)

Some months ago I wrote about my problem. I had reposted some sounds from a user who blocked me. When I tried to unrepost their sounds it was just impossible (the little arrows are grey and if I press them it makes no difference). Then the problem was solved and one day they disappeared.

But today I opened my page and there they are again. I hope SC can solve this problem ASAP because I don't want to have anything to do with this user.

I am using Mozilla Firefox, Crome and Safari.

13 replies

I used the form you sent me but jut got an automated response. I'll copy it here just in case, with the account that's been affected. This is a bitter experience for me and hope it is solved. I have nothing to hide anyway. I've always been a responsible user so I hope it pays off now I have encountered this bug:

Hi again,

I received this automated response but it doesn't fit my situation, so I am replying to your e-mail as you have indicated.

I haven't been blocked for spamming or liking/adding in bulks (actually I abhor this behavior and would never do that). I am not even looking for fame/promotion here, just sharing my music and enjoying others.

I was blocked by this particular user after I refused to further collaborate with him (I had collaborated on two tracks which he later erased). It seems he was after other things besides collaborations, so I was as clear and respectful as possible about my negative, and he reacted this way.

I just happened to repost some sounds I genuinely liked before this happened, and now after this bitter occurrence I would just like them to disappear from my page. I blocked him in the hopes they'd disappear, but it didn't do the trick.

I would be very grateful if you could solve this problem. I am a responsible SC user, and I'm here just for the music and pure enjoyment it brings me. Thank you very much.

It is. Day in and day out, I see the reposts in my other account. It's quite annoying. I am a paying user too, so I think it's only fair this issue was tackled promptly and effectively. It's not too much to ask...
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
I used the form you sent me but jut got an automated response. I'll copy it here just in case, with the account that's been affected. This is a bitter experience for me and hope it is solved. I have nothing to hide anyway. I've always been a responsible user so I hope it pays off now I have encountered this bug:

Hi again,

I received this automated response but it doesn't fit my situation, so I am replying to your e-mail as you have indicated.

I haven't been blocked for spamming or liking/adding in bulks (actually I abhor this behavior and would never do that). I am not even looking for fame/promotion here, just sharing my music and enjoying others.

I was blocked by this particular user after I refused to further collaborate with him (I had collaborated on two tracks which he later erased). It seems he was after other things besides collaborations, so I was as clear and respectful as possible about my negative, and he reacted this way.

I just happened to repost some sounds I genuinely liked before this happened, and now after this bitter occurrence I would just like them to disappear from my page. I blocked him in the hopes they'd disappear, but it didn't do the trick.

I would be very grateful if you could solve this problem. I am a responsible SC user, and I'm here just for the music and pure enjoyment it brings me. Thank you very much.

Hi Ambient Paradise,

Can you please let me know if this is still happening for you? We released new blocking methods which should allow you to disable reposts from a blocked user. Is this not working for you?

-Gina

Hi again,

Hi Mathis,

I am refreshing the topic again as the reposts reappeared today again. Any progress with the bug? I would appreciate any new information you can give me.

Cheers
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again,

Hi again,

Thank you for following up on this. My sincere apologies about the inconvenience - I can only imagine how frustrating this must be. I was able to reproduce the issue and have forwarded this to our developers. They will look into this and I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them. Yours seems to be an edge case (meaning only your account is affected by it, rather then it being a bug that affects more or even all users) and I hope we can help soon.

As far as the issue with the likes is concerned, this indeed looks like it affects a multitude of users right now, and our engineers are looking into this right now as well.

I'll get back to you as soon as I hear back from our engineers.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi again,

The problem keeps presenting itself again. And now the tracks in my spotlight are receiving likes, but the stats count is frozen. I wrote again directly to SC but I'll copy-paste it here in case you can help me:

Hello,

I wrote a few days back because I cannot seem to remove the tracks from a user who blocked me after I refused to further collaborate with him (he was flirting with me and I am here just for the music). I even opened a query in SoundCloud Community, here it is:

https://www.soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud/topics/unable-to-unrepost-sounds-from-user-who-blocke...

The problem is yesterday night they appeared yet again on my page. These are the tracks:

https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/the-little-snow-deer

https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/cedamusbret-sinclairana-axe

https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/the-waltze-of-ancient-kings

https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/dolphin-heaven

It's the third time this happens, one day they appear and they disappear again like magic only to return again after a few days. I am very upset about this. I have tried blocking him but it doesn't work. They are still there and the little arrows are grey, whenever I press them this message appears: "Something went wrong when trying to repost this sound". Is there a way I can MANUALLY remove them so this stops happening? Or could you do it for me, please? It is very annoying.

Apart from that, I've been observing that the tracks that are in my Spotlight are receiving likes but it's not being reflected in the visible stats. These are the tracks affected:

https://soundcloud.com/echosonica/flight-path

https://soundcloud.com/echosonica/amethyst-skies

https://soundcloud.com/echosonica/hoshigawaratteiru

https://soundcloud.com/echosonica/the-great-red-spot-storms-in-jupiter

https://soundcloud.com/echosonica/aurora

I hope you can do something about this, it's the third time I am experiencing problems, the last two times in less than a week. I love SoundCloud and have not had problems with it for a long time, so I hope things can return to normal again for me.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi again,

Hi Elena,

Thanks for following up about this here. I've looked into this now to speed up the time before you hear back from us (due to the long weekend here in Berlin, the email queues are a bit higher then usual).

Now, I cannot seem to see any reposts on your public profile at this point. If this is still occurring to you, can you try a different browser to see if it happens in there, too? If not to, try clearing the cache & cookies of your regular browser and log out and back in to your SoundCloud account to see if this helps.

Either way, looking forward to hearing from you again - let us know how it went. :-)

Cheers
Mathis

Hi again,

Great. I'll do that then. Thank you very much.
Userlevel 5
Badge
Thank you. By the way I am writing from a different account (want to keep some privacy). If necessary I'll reopen the query in private form.
i would then use the standard support contact methods using the account in which the problems are occurring.

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/emails/new

include all the info you have posted here... and it never hurts to throw in the url to this thread at the end too 🙂
Thank you. By the way I am writing from a different account (want to keep some privacy). If necessary I'll reopen the query in private form.
Userlevel 5
Badge
thank you... this will help when they investigate further on this issue...
https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/dolphin-heaven
https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/the-waltze-of-ancient-kings
https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/cedamusbret-sinclairana-axe
https://soundcloud.com/bretsinclairmusic/the-little-snow-deer
Userlevel 5
Badge
can you please provide the urls to (some of/all of) the tracks of the blocked user(s)?