Answered

Unexpected auto-follows

• 11 September 2015
  • 1 reply

I was surprised to find that my account had followed a significant number of people without my knowledge! They were all friends on Facebook, but were unconnected with my music. I've removed Soundcloud as an app on Facebook to prevent a reoccurrence but wondered why this had happened. Also, you prevented me from clearing out all of these 'auto-follows' and threatened to block me!! Odd...
icon

Best answer by Mathis 16 September 2015, 10:20

Hi Peter,

Sorry about the delay in responding. Hmm, not exactly sure what might have triggered for you to follow your Facebook connections to be honest. If you have disconnected your account from Facebook now, even better. You might want to check the "connected apps" in your settings.

Other then that, sorry about the warning when you wanted to unfollow those users. Our Trust & Safety team had to place specific limitations on a set of features due to behavior that was considered "spammy" by some users. You can find further info around this here. Hope this helps in explaining why you saw the warning.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Peter,

Sorry about the delay in responding. Hmm, not exactly sure what might have triggered for you to follow your Facebook connections to be honest. If you have disconnected your account from Facebook now, even better. You might want to check the "connected apps" in your settings.

Other then that, sorry about the warning when you wanted to unfollow those users. Our Trust & Safety team had to place specific limitations on a set of features due to behavior that was considered "spammy" by some users. You can find further info around this here. Hope this helps in explaining why you saw the warning.

Cheers
Mathis