Answered

Unlink facebook from account and login via email

• 13 October 2015
  • 8 replies

When i first joined soundcloud i used facebook to login..... trouble is i want to get rid of facebook but still want my old profile, is there a way of changing the way you login and keep the same profile?
icon

Best answer by Mathis 13 October 2015, 21:06

Hi there Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch. There is a way.

1. Go to https://soundcloud.com/login/forgot and request a password reset. This will make sure you have a password that is unique to your SoundCloud account.
2. Follow the steps outlined here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch. There is a way.

1. Go to https://soundcloud.com/login/forgot and request a password reset. This will make sure you have a password that is unique to your SoundCloud account.
2. Follow the steps outlined here.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis
Thanks Mathis
I've been reseting my password twice today, becouse i couldn't login with my e-mail. Now i changed my password again... to the same one, cause i've never been able to login without facebook, and it still doesn't work.

No matter how often i resert the password, it never works via e-mail. I always have to use facebook
i actually tried to login right after the reset... donsn't work... like always
Userlevel 3
Yes you can unlink facebook and use the normal login method as facebook is now messed up not only in its policies but also in the changes of its settings features after exploring deep within the website under ad settings and all the weird questions and functions it has now.
I'm having the same problem right now with my account. I recently deleted my Facebook acct and now my old profile is missing and im paying for the premium services. unfortunate i cant use those services. I have emailed the help desk several times and only recieved one very vauge response. Likely going to cancel because of this.
I'm having the same problem right now with my account. I recently deleted my Facebook acct and now my old profile is missing and im paying for the premium services. unfortunate i cant use those services. I have emailed the help desk several times and only recieved one very vauge response. Likely going to cancel because of this.
got the exact same problem.. tried everything. did you get a solution?
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
got the exact same problem.. tried everything. did you get a solution?

Hi there,

If this issue persists, please reach out to our subscriptions / account access team for further investigation. You can do so here.