Answered

Uploads & Reposts from users I do not follow show up on my stream

• 17 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Hi

I automatically follwed a few people thanks to sites like hypeedit etc and after unfollowing them again, their stuff still shows up in my stream.

When I go through my followed artists on my PC, they are not in the list. However, on mobile they show up as being followed by me when I view their profile. Clicking "unfollow" doesn't do anything. After refreshing the stream, the button goes back to "following".

Logging out or even uninstalling the mobile app didn't do anything as well. But I don't think the app is the issue here since their uploads and reposts also show up on my stream when viewed on my PC.

Any ideas?

BR
icon

Best answer by Mathis 23 December 2016, 15:00

Hi there,

This issue occured due to a bug a few weeks ago. The bug has been fixed, and I have made sure your Streams are being rebuilt from our backend, so you should be all set now.

Sorry about the inconvenience with this.

Cheers
Mathis
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Hi there,

This issue occured due to a bug a few weeks ago. The bug has been fixed, and I have made sure your Streams are being rebuilt from our backend, so you should be all set now.

Cheers
Mathis

Hi Mathis

Thanks so much for fixing this. Now I can fully enjoy going through my stream again :)

Have a great day!

Marius
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Cheers
Mathis
I've linked this from a previous topic as it's completely P***ing me off!

Anyone from Soundcloud like to comment and fill us into why it's happening?

https://soundcloudcommunity.com/soundcloud-on-your-phone-tablet-230063/i-unfollowed-but-they-still-appear-7000973/index1.html#post17959762

Matt Nichols wrote:
Johnny Sosa wrote:
Wondering if it has anything to do with Cached data... Hmm

I've wiped my browser cache/cookies, logged in/out of desktop/mobile: all to zero effect. I know I shouldn't be pulling my hair out over this. But I f-cking LOATHE the EDM/trap garbage clogging my feed.

Soundcloud, address this. Pronto. It's completely ruining my experience of this site, especially on the mobile app where I use it the most.

I fully fully agree, I am considering pulling my 5 yr account due to this. It seems these spamming channels are producing more that 50% of my feed. I've had a listen, and it's utter Tosh! As a high user of Soundcloud this is definitely ruining the listening experience.

And..... if it's Soundclouds way of producing extra revenue by getting listens to certain media- pull it! Completely not fair on your users, if I wanted to be marketed to I'd listen to commercial radio.