Answered

What is the criteria for being considered for a Premium profile?

• 16 June 2015
  • 1 reply

So, I have read up about these premium accounts by invite only. I realize this is a 2plus year long beta test feature. My question is... what do the SC team /or moderators... ( whom ever it is that actually extends out the invite to premium partner accounts.) Look for when inviting and artists or label to the premium feature?

Example's:
-Must I have over a certain amount of followers to even hit the radar?
-Personal music preference from the people who invite?
-quality of production?
-who the artist is associated with / label or popularity?
-amount of traffic to the artist profile ( some artist have almost no followers but a huge following out side of SC and get a ton of traffic )

**basically, what can I do as an artist to work toward the same qualities that SC is seeking when they make invites to the premium accounts.**

---
I have been an active SC user since 2009. (I have paid for SC since 2010, religiously.. every year ) Truth be told. I find great value in investing to SC since it seems to be my main online presence for my music. I like many artists, I'm sure; would love to continue to grow and evolve both musically and with how i represent my self online, on Soundcloud.

The premium features are very appealing and I would love to work toward upgrading my account to that status... I feel I have finally reach a place in my craft of audio production where i am actually proud of some of the tracks im putting out. even though I only have around 2k followers after so many years of hard hard work - and i see people... young kids on SC for less than a few months with way more pull than i feel i will ever have... but non the less. would like to find out thats its not impossible and that maybe. some how im not far off hahah :)

Regards.
Andreas ( OAKA )
icon

Best answer by Gina 22 June 2015, 13:27

Hi Oaka,

Thank you so much for getting in touch. My best recommendation to you is to stay in touch on our blog, when we do start accepting new partners it will be announced their first.

Also, I had a look at your profile and saw that you have 6 tracks uploaded to your account. This is a great start but we would need more content from a partner.

Hope that helps!
-Gina
View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Oaka,

Thank you so much for getting in touch. My best recommendation to you is to stay in touch on our blog, when we do start accepting new partners it will be announced their first.

Also, I had a look at your profile and saw that you have 6 tracks uploaded to your account. This is a great start but we would need more content from a partner.

Hope that helps!
-Gina