Question

Why'd soundcloud reject my dispute

Why'd soundcloud reject my dispute after I clearly stated to them that I have permission from the artist & record company to use the song they deleted my mix over? I'm on my 3rd strike I've tried to upload the same track 2 times if I try to upload it again I'm gonna get my account wiped

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Hi Chima,

Sorry, this must be super frustrating for you. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the specifics on why in your personal case because only our Copyright and Legal team can access and review takedowns and disputes but I can tell you from a general copyrights perspective that if a dispute does not satisfy the legal proof that you indeed have permission then we cannot approve it. This means submitting supporting documents and not simply stating "I have permission."

Does that make sense? Again, I am not sure how your dispute looked but here is an article of many disputes that users often confuse with being valid, maybe this will also help.

Lastly, if you feel strongly that you have submitted enough legal validation for your dispute then you will need to contact our Copyrights team in a private email to get answers to your particular case.

I know this doesn't bring back your tracks instantly but I hope this helped somewhat.

-Gina
Hi Chima,

Sorry, this must be super frustrating for you. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you the specifics on why in your personal case because only our Copyright and Legal team can access and review takedowns and disputes but I can tell you from a general copyrights perspective that if a dispute does not satisfy the legal proof that you indeed have permission then we cannot approve it. This means submitting supporting documents and not simply stating "I have permission."

Does that make sense? Again, I am not sure how your dispute looked but here is an article of many disputes that users often confuse with being valid, maybe this will also help.

Lastly, if you feel strongly that you have submitted enough legal validation for your dispute then you will need to contact our Copyrights team in a private email to get answers to your particular case.

I know this doesn't bring back your tracks instantly but I hope this helped somewhat.

-Gina

That is frustrating. You guys should have a way so that we could attach legal documents to the disputes stating that we do have proof of permission instead of having to do all of that extra stuff. But thank you so much for answering my question Gina.
I have a similar issue here. My dispute was rejected for a track I recorded, produced and mixed. How do I personally contact the copyrights team?

I rely on soundcloud to host music for my website so even more frustrating that I cant upload my work...

Many thanks
Hi Chima,

-Gina

Hi Gina,

My account has two songs that are owned by me and produced by an artist. I filed a dispute claim and it was rejected. Can you please tell me what the email address is? This is highly discouraging for new artists if the songs that are OWNED by the person are taken down by a copyright infringement. Also, it is not known who filed the claims as well.

Thank you,
KS
Hi Chima,

-Gina

I have a sort of a familiar problem but I need an answer for my problem.
Hi Chima,

-Gina

Gina I would absolutely love to privately message Soundcloud's Copyright team but it's beginning to become evident to me that there is no real way of contacting them. If there is a way to contact them, please list the EMAIL ADDRESS, not the support page.
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Chima,

-Gina

Hi sømething,

Please try and reach out here.
Same Problem by me.

Content System detected totaly wrong Track.

How do I get in Contact now?
I have a similar issue here. My dispute was rejected for a track I recorded, produced and mixed. How do I personally contact the copyrights team?

I rely on soundcloud to host music for my website so even more frustrating that I cant upload my work...

Many thanks

Same just happened to me and copyrights@soundcloud.com only replies with automated emails. What happened with you case? Im thinking of just re uploading my song
Hi Chima,

-Gina

im A Pro Unlimited User! i cant get any help.

im going to AUDIOMACK.COM