Solved

why does soundcloud have to block my liking ability, I'm just rearaging the order of my likes. How long will it take before SC unblocks it?

• 24 April 2015
  • 7 replies

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello,
Thanks for writing in for further clarification. To clear up any confusion you did not hit a limit for liking too many tracks, but instead for re-liking the same tracks too often.

We have implemented a limit in response to the community's request to curb behavior where an account likes, unlikes and then re-likes the same track(s) or playlist(s) again in a short period of time.

If you were not aware that this was happening when liking tracks on your account, do let us know. The next time it happens get in touch with us and we can investigate further.

Based on this feedback from our users, who said it was causing annoyance and confusion, we have put limits in place to restrict this behavior. Your account has been blocked from liking for this reason. As we wish to prevent this activity in the future, if you run in to this limit repeatedly, each block you receive will increase in length.

These limits are in place to address community complaints about accounts overusing, or using features in a way other than as they were intended. We hope you can appreciate why we felt it necessary to put these limits in place.

Your current block will be released automatically in 15 hours.

Cheers
Mathis
same problem... f*%k u soundcloud, I'm not allowed to like anything for 11 days!!!
Same here. Exactly same reason.

Got blocked for 1 day for liking / unliking 7 playlists 3 or 4 times in a row (I was trying to sort them the way I wanted on the Facebook widget), then I just tried again today, after 5 clicks I got 7 days. I was just trying to obtain the correct order for those 7 playlists on Facebook... Which never sync correctly (some playlist does not appear, while they are public). I am feeling penalized for the bad consistency of this development.

I do understand team's reasons behind all those inconveniences, but the setting of this moderation is way to blind and hard. Never got any incident in years, and suddenly the system find me "suspicious" and take repeated actions, dis-regarding my history... That makes no sens, both as user point of view, or from a mathematics / algorithm point of view. In short, idea is probably relevant, but the way its been handled is far from efficient.

Best way to prevent this "liking spam" would be to limit its visibility , and yet keep the ability to like / unlike and publish on connected websites such as Facebook. We could also image a "clean up my mess" mode where likes aren't published until turned of again...

Firs time in my life I am blocked by a website. Serial-entrepreneur with a fair good reputation, I am feeling offended by such behavior, despsite I am not a paid customer nor VIP user.

If fact this made me considering alternatives and even considering posting to all my social medias my very poor experience. I though Soundcloud had a strong identity, community and a true "soul"... But I guess a bot won't take the offence of me being heartbroken 😃
This is the beginning of the end, another fantastic service taken advantage of by spammers and ran into the ground by idiots.
how long will i be blocked from liking playlists i understand i was blocked for re liking but i’ve been blocked for like 5 days come on i got stuff i need to listen to and save
Same here. Exactly same reason.

Got blocked for 1 day for liking / unliking 7 playlists 3 or 4 times in a row (I was trying to sort them the way I wanted on the Facebook widget), then I just tried again today, after 5 clicks I got 7 days. I was just trying to obtain the correct order for those 7 playlists on Facebook... Which never sync correctly (some playlist does not appear, while they are public). I am feeling penalized for the bad consistency of this development.

That's crazy. How you said "I got 7 days" ... Like, what is this: HS detention? "You got 7 days out-of-school suspension. Do this again (so that people enjoy the music you like currently and in proper order of magnitude of your likability etc.,) and it will result in expulsion, kiddo!" My God. What's next ... Can't like tracks period? Or like one question I have is: What's the limit for the penalty ... Imagine you get 1 year inability to Like tracks! ha or you just get booted.

I totally get what you people are doing, though. While I don't have a smart phone or social media, aside from Soundcloud, Bandcamp and personal website ... That's a bit much. I don't get why people are "so confused"? Who is complaining about that? It's likely people that have so little likes, they notice the difference. Amazing how a handful of people ruin it for everybody. It happened with Myspace. It'll happen again with everything else ... even Facebook. In time.
I ran into a problem where I can't like any songs for an unknown period of time as nothing has informed me of anything I just can't like songs and I'm sure it had to do with me liking songs fast as I was moving my songs from Spotify to soundcloud as its my new preferred service and unless this is fixed before I go back to work tomorrow im getting back on spotify I don't have time for this shit I don't care about bot protection there has to be a better way or soundcloud is still just a niche service