Question

£75 for a PRO account and they remove groups?!?!

Userlevel 1
I'm paying £75 per year for a PRO soundcloud account and they go and remove a main feature from the site that I and many others use a lot. How are my songs supposed to be discovered now??? Contemplating cancelling my account and asking for a refund. This is ridiculous.

20 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. For assistance with your subscription plan, please email transactions@soundcloud.com.

Someone will be able to assist you directly.

Cheers,
Jen
Liam I totally agree with you get rid of the groups was a bad idea
Userlevel 1
Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. For assistance with your subscription plan, please email transactions@soundcloud.com.

Cheers,
Jen

I did email them, they said because I am past the 2 month trial period I can't get a refund..... Which is totally ridiculous because they had groups during my trial period!! I pretty much only paid for the pro unlimited account for the groups. It doesn't matter now anyway I've moved over to hearthis.at and stopped my recurring subscription with soundcloud.

You offered a service that I agreed to and gave you money for, then you have taken away that service but won't refund me. It is borderline criminal. You have also completely underestimated the groups feature. Whoever made that decision needs sacking.
Hey there,

Cheers,
Jen

Lian Likewise I have just managed to cancel my subscription. I would renew it again if they bring the groups back.
Userlevel 3
THE CRAZY FOOLS JUST REMOVED THE WHOLE FOUNDATION OF SOUNDCLOUDS FAIR SHARING FOR ALL - THE SITE IS NOW ONLY FOR THE ALREADY FAMOIUS IN THE INDUSTRY, EVERYONE ELSE IS FUCKED.....
THE CRAZY FOOLS JUST REMOVED THE WHOLE FOUNDATION OF SOUNDCLOUDS FAIR SHARING FOR ALL - THE SITE IS NOW ONLY FOR THE ALREADY FAMOIUS IN THE INDUSTRY, EVERYONE ELSE IS FUCKED.....
Any suggestions on other sites?
Userlevel 1
www.hearthis.at
Userlevel 5
Hearthis.at
Whats another website for new artist in general, with atleast the idea of groups and being able to talk to other fellow artist? Heartthis.at seems to be more for DJ's
soundcloud has become so boring and crap without it... no new discoveries just the same old repeated reposts
Userlevel 5
Reposts are the worst. In my opinion that was the beginning of the end of SoundCloud. In addition to this the stats system has been completely messed up for a year in SoundCloud keeps telling us how complicated it is to fix it. It's an absolute joke
Hey there,

Cheers,
Jen

I have had subscriptions in years past, for multiple accounts, and have been on the verge of getting a pro account again. When I discovered today that groups have been scrapped (as I was encouraging a fantastic new artist user to utilize them), I felt *betrayed*. Seriously, I would be trying to get a refund, too, if I had a paid subscription when this change happened. Stations do not compare. Soundcloud has been THE MOST incredible platform for the international sharing of mostly independent music for years, and SO MUCH of that had to do with groups. I could go on and on about the importance of artist/listener managed groups (as opposed to automated stations). You have seriously whoopsed on this one, SC. I've loved you and encouraged other people to get on board, for the 8 or so years I've been using - and very much enjoying - your services. I've defended you through recent changes, but this... this is going too far. Please bring groups back, as they were. You're devastating your loyal supporters, and perhaps also shooting your own good feet.
https://hearthis.at/groups
Hearthis.at is the best alternative. Also, small but decent growing platform with great concept (radio alike) is Flat.fm
It's not only the money we paid for this kind of disrespect.
Killing our groups, means also:
to kill our EFFORT,
to kill our hard TIME
to kill our WORK ( yes, it was kind of Business tool we used to work and pay for).

No, Groups wasn't the ultimate thing - But it was better than nothing.
a good reason to kill groups is allright, if you give us a much better Tool, which is helping to promote (not to spam) our work.

But now, instead - it's not to believe - you give us a new future tool,
a random item called "Station" ( yes, such things was a funny in 2005)

But sorry, this is a BOLD SIGN for all of us:

WE ARE JUST ONLY YOUR completely REPLACEABLE Stupid MATERIAL.

Thanks for Listen.
Userlevel 5
I canceled my $75 a year Pro Soundcloud account after the removal of groups, and I'm guessing many others are doing the same. It was the nail in the (already lowered halfway into the hole) coffin for me.
Userlevel 4
Sign the pétition : https: //www.change.org/p/soundcloud-tell-soundcloud-to-keep-groups-on-their-platform recruteur = 58418 ...?
Userlevel 3
Groups are back without SoundCloud's support. Post your track in the comments and it will get reposted.
https://soundcloud.com/losttalentgroup
Leaving as well. And if heartthis.at is the new thing then this is where i'm gonna be.