Ads before private tracks

• 29 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Hi Mathis -- Apologies for hijacking the thread, but I just signed up for Soundcloud and can't find the answer to my question. I added some audio marked private because I'm applying for grant funding and the judges need a sample. However, when I play the private 3 minute audio clip, it ends with a really LOUD ad that starts playing immediately. It's jarring and I think it will distract the judges and make them start looking around to figure out what's going on, thus ruining the experience of hearing my submission. How do I stop this? I don't want them to hear the ad. If I upgrade to premium will my content (in particular my private content) be ad free? Thanks in advance for your reply.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @KSFP 102.5 San Francisco,

Sorry about the confusion around this. The ad at the end is actually the ad before the next track that you heard - which is a track from a partner account who monetizes his tracks. (more info about ads on SoundCloud can be found here: https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003447287-Ads-on-SoundCloud-).

If the listener has a SoundCloud Go or SoundCloud Go+ account, their listening experience will be ad free.

Also, if another user listens to your private tracks, no other tracks will play after yours (this is specific to private tracks).

Thus, whoever listens to your three private tracks won't have any ads play for them before or after listening. :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mathis