Answered

After uploading track, seems to be stuck in "processing"

• 7 December 2018
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 1
We tried uploading several tracks today and after uploading any track, they seem to be stuck in "processing"

Anyone else having this problem? any solution ?
icon

Best answer by The Innkeeper's Guestbook 10 December 2018, 02:27

lcoste found out the solution that's worked for a bunch of people (including myself)...

https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/tracks-stuck-at-processing-7424460#post18060099
View original

This topic has been closed for comments

15 replies

Userlevel 1
Yes, upload isnt working here either. Tried quite a few things but I think we will need to wait until SC deals with it.
Userlevel 2
Same issues here...no transcoding orange bar after uploading MP3 track. Tried multiple times
Userlevel 2
Exact same here (No transcoding bar) - and this is almost a day later than you. I opened a ticket a few hours ago with no response - no note of the problem in the SC blog. They must know about it. I pay for my account.
I have since yesterday similar problem: "no transcoding orange bar after uploading MP3 track or WAV."
Grey field: "We are processing your track for playback…"
What's happend?? Support please ASAP!
Best Regards: DJ Thor
Yep, same situation here. It happens on and off every few months. No point to stress. You must learn to expect this from here. It'll come back when they wake up on Monday. The transcode issue tends to occur at the weekends when Soundcloud is sleeping. No answers. No replies. Deep in debt. Old and creaky. They say the engineers will fix it but it breaks again later. They don't mind too much, what are you going to do? Leave? Hah! Poor soundchaps need their shut eye, you'll wait. Or maybe there's no-one actually there all along and the chatbot with the stock answers has a 48-hour power down? 🙄
Userlevel 1
It seems browser related. I couldn't upload on Chrome (I am on a Mac) - but once I switched to Safari and tried again it worked.
I’m praying they fix this cause my soundcloud has 6K plays in less than a month and just got pro I don’t want to get scammed.
Userlevel 2
I tried safari with no joy. Is every one who's have a problem on a Mac? Anyone put in a ticket like me an not heard back yet??
I have the same problem, on a mac trying Chrome and Safari, also tried it with different files that I already uploaded to SC before. My starting page is also not working, strangely everything is ok with another account I manage, so it must be account specific. SC gets worse everyday...
Same problem here, I tried AIFF and Wave. The files are only around 18mb... Also never had this before
It seems browser related. I couldn't upload on Chrome (I am on a Mac) - but once I switched to Safari and tried again it worked.
finally worked with firefox with me on a mac. Had no luck with chrome and safari.
Same problem for me, I use Firefox. Have tried several times with no luck.
I have also tried in Internett Explorer with no luck.....
Tomorrow you will receive a post from Soundcloud: it could even be from Mathis but he might have been fired in the cull last year. (Highlights mine)

"Hi there everyone,

Thank you for your patience with this & excuse the lack of moderation from end on this one until now. There was an outage of our uploading service last Friday evening (CEST). Our engineers have fixed this in the meantime.

Hope you were all able to upload properly by now. If any of your tracks are still stuck, please delete and reupload for them to go through all the way. Time to show your audience your newest compositions :)

Cheers"
Mathis

So be patient, the fix is coming, don't expect an answer now, it's not how they roll. Remember there are alternatives out there if you do decide to leave.
Userlevel 1
Since soundcloud hasn't offered a solution;

https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/workaround-for-stacked-processing-7424449#post18060087

this absolutely worked for me. (only on chrome though)
lcoste found out the solution that's worked for a bunch of people (including myself)...

https://community.soundcloud.com/upload-manage-230060/tracks-stuck-at-processing-7424460#post18060099