Question

Audio editing ??

• 20 October 2014
  • 6 replies

What is the best application to record and edit your audio.

I am planning to record a song to start with and then perform simple editing on it - and upload it on soundcloud. Which is the application that folks would recommend based on their personal experience.

6 replies

Userlevel 1
I have good experience with Sound Forge (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Forge). But what you can also do is working with any pre-installed video or sound editor. E.g. on Windows you could use Video Maker to also only edit sounds.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi guys,

@GD - nice one, thanks for jumping in! You're actually the first user on our help forum to be quicker to respond then us - we want to reward that by sending you a SoundCloud t-shirt. We'll reach out to you via email to gather details 🙂

Now, back to topic: I have used Audacity for basic audio recording and editing in the past. It is freeware and available for both, Windows & Mac.

What is everyone else using?

P.S.:@all, interested in getting some swag, too? Check out our headliners program.
SoundCloud t-shirt 🙂 Wohoo .... GD congratulations !!!!
Mathis, all the very best of the Headliners program.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I would surely try these. It would surely be interesting to know what everyone else is using.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
SoundCloud t-shirt 🙂 Wohoo .... GD congratulations !!!!
Mathis, all the very best of the Headliners program.

Thanks for the suggestions.
I would surely try these. It would surely be interesting to know what everyone else is using.

Hey Subbivoicebox,

Feel free to let people know here what you came up with and which software and best practices went well for you ;-)

Cheers,
Mathis
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have started using soundcloud to record my poems. Can I edit a recording made d....

Can I edit a recording I have made direct to soundcloud. I want to shorten it
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have started using soundcloud to record my poems. Can I edit a recording made d....

Can I edit a recording I have made direct to soundcloud. I want to shorten it

Hi Mike,

I thought you'd find the suggestions above helpful to your inquiry.

Best,
Gina