Question

Audio glitch occurs 90% of the time I an uploaded track (but not every time)

• 30 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Hello, I have just recently uploaded a track, and in the intro part of the track (around :04-:05) there is an audio glitch that occurs most of the time that I play the track. However, sometimes when I am playing the track for the first time since opening Soundcloud, it plays completely fine. Since this is the case, the file I have uploaded is obviously in fine condition, and to just be sure I checked it in iTunes.

I reuploaded the file to Soundcloud as a new track after discovering this issue, thinking it may have been an error when uploading. However, I found that the new track had the same exact problem. The same glitch in the same area, and it only happens most of the time I play the track.

Is there something that can be done so that my track does not contain this glitch? Thank you.

7 replies

Hey,

I've been looking for a solution to what i assume is the same problem. One of the tracks i uploaded has a glitch that sounds like what i can only describe as a digital hiccup. It occurs at the exact same place but not all the time. I've uploaded an unmastered version and the same thing happened so its possibly something in the mix that hates being compressed to mp3. The file itself plays fine in ITunes like yours so i'm quite confused.

So far my search has only brought up long threads about mastering too hot and mp3 encoding but i don't think thats the issue. out of curiosity are you listening to the song on Chrome? because i tried listening on safari and it didn't happen but i only managed to listen twice because my Safari is severely out of date and doesn't handle Soundcloud very well.

Sorry for posting on an old thread with no solutions but maybe we can see if theres any similarities. My track was mixed in Pro Tools on Mac OS 10.8. I used the harmonic exciter from OZone 5 for a few tracks because i have no other decent saturation plug-ins. The Drums have a decent amount of parallel compression. The Glitch seems to be on a snare hit during the guitar solo so the problem is either on the snare or lead guitar track and for some reason after i re-uploaded it the first time it seemed to be fine then i made it public and the original stopped glitching so i made the re-upload private again and they both started glitching.

Any help?
I'm having the exact same problem as you guys, it seems. I'm also using google chrome, but nothing about your mixing/mastering is similar to my setup (PC, FL Studio, no OZone 5, etc...). That being said, the glitch does take place for me intermittently on a snare hit and the track is heavily compressed and somewhat lofi, so I don't know. I guess it could be some sonic similarity between our tracks that's tripping the Soundcloud compression up, but then why would it be inconsistent and not always occur? Very odd to say the least.

If anyone else is having this issue or has any ideas about what they think the problem might be, please let us know!
I too am having this glitch and it fits the way it was described in this post perfectly. Most of the time it doesn't happen when you play the track all the way through from the beginning but I would prefer not having the problem at all. Any help from soundcloud staff would be appreciated.
same exact issue here, but it seems to happen only on Firefox browser for me.............this perhaps is a SoundCloud issue or Firefox settings/bug
same exact issue here, but it seems to happen only on Firefox browser for me.............this perhaps is a SoundCloud issue or Firefox settings/bug
I used chrome when the error occurred for me so that doesn't seem to be the case.
I am also having this "audio hiccup" But I am using edge. I guess this must be a soundcloud error??

same exact issue here, but it seems to happen only on Firefox browser for me.............this perhaps is a SoundCloud issue or Firefox settings/bugI used chrome when the error occurred for me so that doesn't seem to be the case.

and I use edge