Question

Can i post my remix for a remix competition public if the info states: "private link is a must"?

• 9 December 2014
  • 3 replies

So im in this remixing competition, and i just posted my remix public on my own soundcloud profile. But the info for the remix comp. states that you have to send a link to your remix linking to the song on soundcloud, and that the link must be private. Does this mean that i have to make my song private aswell? If not, how do i make the link private?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi Pato.,

Yes, that is exactly what you need to do. From what it seems, the people who are doing the remix competition want to make sure the submissions are exclusive and haven't been available to the public.

Now, here's what I'd recommend for you to do: Go to the track that you're aiming to submit, then click on the small "Pen" icon underneath the waveform. This will bring you into "Edit" mode. In the "basic" section, you'll see the option to make the track "private". tick that box, then make sure to click on "Save changes". Your track is now private.

Next thing you will want to do is go ahead and grab the secret link to it, which you can then submit to the remix competition. In order to do so, click on the "Share" button under the wavefor of your track. Here, you'll find the secret link.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Mathis
Oh okay! Thank you for helping me out! I've made the track private now. The track was public for around 24h, but lets hope thats ok... 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Oh okay! Thank you for helping me out! I've made the track private now. The track was public for around 24h, but lets hope thats ok... :P
Glad to hear you got it now, good luck on the competition.

-Gina