Question

Can Soundcloud provide me with an DJ Mix that I've uploaded that got taken down for copyright?

• 4 October 2017
  • 5 replies

As the title states, my mixes have been getting taken down left and right due to copyright, which is understandable. But I lost one of my original file of a mix I've made that I've uploaded to SoundCloud awhile back (3 years ago). This mix, in particular, I've put a lot of time and effort into it so despite not being able to upload it back onto the site, I would like to at least have it for myself if possible. If anyone can give me an input I would really appreciate it, Thanks in advance!

5 replies

Maybe upload it as unlisted.
Hey there, thanks for the reply. I cannot upload it since I don't have the file (Main reason why I was wondering if SoundCloud can provide me with a download link for my old mix at least). Also after they took off my mix off SoundCloud due to copyright I'm unable to access any of them.
I actually was able to restore the mixes but it contains no file despite the fact it still shows how many times it has been listened to and such. Firstly I posted as private but with no luck, it's up on my page as of now but seems like the file for the music is gone. (although it still shows the waveform, length of the mix, and views.

Here is my page if anyone could check it out and can tell me if there's a way to restore the file.
https://soundcloud.com/deejay_sato

I haven't been a frequent user on SoundCloud so I'm a bit of a newbie so forgive me for any ignorance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi DJ Sato,

If the track was indeed blocked due to copyright, I'm afraid there is no option for us to restore this track at this point. Sorry. 😕
Hi DJ Sato,

If the track was indeed blocked due to copyright, I'm afraid there is no option for us to restore this track at this point. Sorry. :-/

Okay 😕 sucks but I guess it is what it is, Thanks for the reply.