Question

Can't Change Profile Picture

• 2 February 2017
  • 4 replies

I've tried on different computers and different browsers and nothing will work. But it doesn't work for only this one image, anything else works.

4 replies

For some reason I can't add any more text to that post either, but the image is less than 1 mb jpeg so size isn't a problem
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi there,

Hmm - odd! Is the image you're using square? What file format did you use? (I'd recommend .jpg) How did you get to the image on the screenshot? Did you click on update, then chose the image file? If so, try dragging and dropping the image onto your current profile image and see if this is working.
Hi there,

Hmm - odd! Is the image you're using square? What file format did you use? (I'd recommend .jpg) How did you get to the image on the screenshot? Did you click on update, then chose the image file? If so, try dragging and dropping the image onto your current profile image and see if this is working.

I figured it out. The jpeg was around 500 kb but when I converted it to png it was ~2.3 mb. I think images won't upload if the png is over 2 mb, not the file. Anyways I scaled it down and now the png is under 2 mb and it works
I experienced exactly the same problem, have been trying with Chrome and Edge and with different image files, even as small as ~90 KB.