Question

Can't Share Private Track Links! HELP

All of a sudden, Soundcloud won't let me share my private tracks. There isn't even an option to share them anymore. Please help me to fix this. I need to be able to do this to connect with labels.

19 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi DavidUnded,

Hmm, odd! I've checked up on this from our backend however wasn't able to reproduce. Maybe it was just a temporary glitch? I understand you're signing in, go to one of your private tracks and look for the Share button, which doesn't seem to be showing? Is this correct, or am I missing something here?

Cheers
Mathis
I am having a similar issue, I am able to check the box asking for my playlist to be "Private" but when I copy the share link it provides, as a private link, the recipients just see an empty playlist. I tried resetting the link and resending the updated link to the recipients but they are still unable to access.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hi @Whitney,

If this is the case, please be sure that both the playlist and the tracks have similar privacy settings, either both public, or both private.

Hope this already does the trick for you.

Cheers
Mathis
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
P.S.: if this issue persists though, please let us know the name of the playlist so we can investigate further.
Mathis: Yes when I click more... on my private tracks, there is no option to share anymore 😕
I've logged out and back in, shut down my pc, and still it stays the same
I have no share function available on any of my tracks or playlists, this is causing me a big issue. please get this fixed
@Mathis Are you going to let us know any solution? Please let me know
please check if you have adblock running, this can potentially disable the share feature
I am also having this problem. I turned off Adblock even, but the problem persists. Thinking about going to another service where I can share and yet keep things private.
Hi, having the same problem...no share button to be found!
is there any solution yet?
Same thing happening here: windows 10 / Firefox browser. There is NO button or even mention on the page of "Share". Any update??

UPDATE: Just tried it in Chrome and share is there. Just not in Firefox FYI.
Same thing happening here: windows 10 / Firefox browser. There is NO button or even mention on the page of "Share". Any update??

UPDATE: Just tried it in Chrome and share is there. Just not in Firefox FYI.

I had the same exact issue. I tried it in Safari and it worked fine. Seems that Firefox has some sort of glitch that won't show the "share" button. So strange...
No share button, No answers in the forums. No settings that show permissions (where the hell is the permissions page?) Pretty poor service given that you advertise all these wonderful things. It is no good just say oh wow I can see the share button. We can not see it. four years of messages and still no fix ???
No share button, No answers in the forums. No settings that show permissions (where the hell is the permissions page?) Pretty poor service given that you advertise all these wonderful things. It is no good just say oh wow I can see the share button. We can not see it. four years of messages and still no fix ???

Turn off adblocker or such,I was having same problem using opera browser,it works fine now. 🙂
disable addblock and refresh page and it should be fixed
Same for me. Disabled Adblocker in Chrome and all good.
Adblock caused this to happen to me.
Use Firefox and it will be fine.