Solved

Can you rearrange your tracks on soundcoud?

Can you rearrange your tracks on soundcoud? There are tracks which I addes less recently which I ideally want to be higher up in the list

35 replies

Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis

Can't I simply delete my tracks and then upload them again in reverse order of the order I would like them to appear in? If so, your site design is not really preventing reordering, it is just making it incredibly inconvenient. Why not just make it freely editable?
Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis

Absolutely right. This feature has been requested for years. I see absolutely nil technical reason why it could not be introduced. This business of 'please ask properly' is nonsense. The SoundCloud dev staff know that we want it and for some reason are ignoring us.
Userlevel 2
It really is pathetic. How can soundcloud claim to be the go to site for audio when you cannot order your tracks
?
Userlevel 1
You need to re-instate the ability to order the tracks within a playlist as soon as possible. This is critical for my website for the order of my homilies.
Userlevel 1
This is a seriously inane issue. I uploaded a full album from 2001 and now its stuck on top of all my other content!

You have thousands of paying customers requesting an obvious boneheaded oversight be fixed, yet your refuse to acknowledge it and keep mentioning the spotlight page as a fix, but it does nothing for whats being requested of you.

Do something Soundcloud.
Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis

My only question ,is why can't Soundcloud give us what we want, and in fact need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 2
The competition does enable reordering. Sign up to yourlisten.com
Userlevel 2
That is helpful. Still appears to be no similar method to reorder tracks on my main profile page, other than re-uploading them. Someday...
Userlevel 2
Re-ordering playlists is not enough. Please!
I agree. Shits on Soundcloud. Seems a simple enough thing to do, so what's their reason for preventing users from arranging their tracks in the order they'd like to arrange them? FFS, it's the 21st century!
It's surprising that this basic, obvious function that anybody designing a site like this would include, has been requested for years and isn't even on the paid accounts! Why should a track you just made for fun appear up on top while the song most people will like is at the bottom? Playlists are ok, but you would be surprised at how many people skip them and just listen to the first single song. Stuff like this is eventually going to allow a competitor to swoop in and take a vast majority of Soundcloud's business. I'll be honest, this feature has caused each of us in our music group to look for alternatives. It's up to you people at Soundcloud if you want to do something that will secure more customers or risk ignoring it and try to save a few bucks on programming. Choose wisely.
We need to reorder our music! Soundcloud wake up!
Userlevel 6
Hi LBD,

Thanks for visiting the help forums 🙂

Unfortunately, there isn't the option to re-arrange the order in which your tracks are shown either in your profile or your stream.

It is possible, however, if you have a pro account or a pro unlimited account, to "spotlight" a selection of your sounds so they appear at the top of your list on your profile page. Pro account users can spotlight 5 of their sounds, I'm not sure with pro unlimited how many spot light tracks you can have but would assume it must be at least the same as the pro package if not a little more.

The below link will explain in a little more detail about the spotlight feature

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/802873-what-is-spotlight-how-does-it-work-

& this explains the order of your sounds in general

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/243745-can-i-re-order-my-sounds-or-playlists-

Hope that helps 🙂

Regards

DJ R.I.P
Kice - My Portfolio wrote:

You can rearrange tracks in your playlists. Here you go

http://uploadandmanage.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2166979-rearranging-tracks-in-a-...

Thats for pro users only.
Userlevel 2
Jude111 wrote:

I agree. Shits on Soundcloud. Seems a simple enough thing to do, so what's their reason for preventing users from arranging their tracks in the order they'd like to arrange them? FFS, it's the 21st century!

You are wrong. Going pro makes no difference. I am a pro and I still can't order my lists.
Idiots!!

Boneheaded bullshit like this will destroy your business.
Soundcloud is there anything done, changed yet?
the NEED is here, longer than 2 years
Please add feature to re arrange tracks on profile home page. This will be helpful for millions of artists. Please Please.
Just want to voice my support to allow us to choose the track order. It discouraged me from putting more music on SC actually.
Userlevel 6
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis

Cheers for the tip Mathis, will try that myself 🙂
Userlevel 6
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis

Thanks for visiting the hlp forums 🙂

If there are things you feel Soundcloud needs, site improvements, layout ideas etc etc, then the best thing to do is utilise the feature requests which is done through the contact form.

detail your ideas to them, theres no guarantees that everything requested can be implemented, but use your voice put these ideas forward.

Forums can often be used as just places to moan about "why don't they do x, y or z?"...far better to put it forward as "here's an idea, i think doing x, y or z could really improve the site"..turn these negative words into positive actions people, thats how improvements & changes for the better happen 🙂

Regards

DJ R.I.P
You can rearrange tracks in your playlists. Here you go

http://uploadandmanage.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2166979-rearranging-tracks-in-a-...
This is shyit.. I release albums that have a specific play order (crossfades between tracks, etc) and it's not possible to reorder my tracks?? Bandcamp makes this far more friendly but it seems like SoundCloud still gets all the attention/traffic....
Jude111 wrote:

They obviously want u to Gopro. Think Ill go for yourlisten.com