Question

Can you rearrange your tracks on soundcoud?


Userlevel 1
Can you rearrange your tracks on soundcoud? There are tracks which I addes less recently which I ideally want to be higher up in the list

42 replies

Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis


Absolutely right. This feature has been requested for years. I see absolutely nil technical reason why it could not be introduced. This business of 'please ask properly' is nonsense. The SoundCloud dev staff know that we want it and for some reason are ignoring us.
Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis


Can't I simply delete my tracks and then upload them again in reverse order of the order I would like them to appear in? If so, your site design is not really preventing reordering, it is just making it incredibly inconvenient. Why not just make it freely editable?
Userlevel 2
It really is pathetic. How can soundcloud claim to be the go to site for audio when you cannot order your tracks
?
Userlevel 2
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis


My only question ,is why can't Soundcloud give us what we want, and in fact need.
Userlevel 1
This is a seriously inane issue. I uploaded a full album from 2001 and now its stuck on top of all my other content!

You have thousands of paying customers requesting an obvious boneheaded oversight be fixed, yet your refuse to acknowledge it and keep mentioning the spotlight page as a fix, but it does nothing for whats being requested of you.

Do something Soundcloud.
Userlevel 1
You need to re-instate the ability to order the tracks within a playlist as soon as possible. This is critical for my website for the order of my homilies.
We need to reorder our music! Soundcloud wake up!
Userlevel 2
Re-ordering playlists is not enough. Please!
I agree. Shits on Soundcloud. Seems a simple enough thing to do, so what's their reason for preventing users from arranging their tracks in the order they'd like to arrange them? FFS, it's the 21st century!
Userlevel 2
That is helpful. Still appears to be no similar method to reorder tracks on my main profile page, other than re-uploading them. Someday...
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis
Userlevel 2
The competition does enable reordering. Sign up to yourlisten.com
It's surprising that this basic, obvious function that anybody designing a site like this would include, has been requested for years and isn't even on the paid accounts! Why should a track you just made for fun appear up on top while the song most people will like is at the bottom? Playlists are ok, but you would be surprised at how many people skip them and just listen to the first single song. Stuff like this is eventually going to allow a competitor to swoop in and take a vast majority of Soundcloud's business. I'll be honest, this feature has caused each of us in our music group to look for alternatives. It's up to you people at Soundcloud if you want to do something that will secure more customers or risk ignoring it and try to save a few bucks on programming. Choose wisely.
I had to delete and unpost playlists and songs I added from other peoples' soundcloud pages which I added in the first place to promote other peoples' playlists and support other musicians.... just so I could get the songs I created and uploaded to the top of my profile page. I used to have the Pro Soundcloud account which I paid for and got to put 5 songs on the top of the profile picture and could re-arrange them. But it is not enough to be honest. We should be able to re-arrange all the songs you upload. There should also be a way to differentiate the songs you create and upload versus the ones you are re-posting from other soundcloud users. I have been losing out on play counts because people don't even know I have music of my own since it was all lower on the page which doesn't even load up unless you scroll further down. And I cannot keep removing songs and then re-uploading them in the proper order. It's ridiculous. Come on, change this!
Mathis wrote:

Hey there,

Just wanted to complete raveinpeace's response real quick - both Pro & Pro Unlimited plans come with the Spotlight feature, and in both cases, you can add up to 5 tracks or playlists.

So, in theory, you could create a playlist, in which you can decide the order and rearrange it at any time, then add this to the Spotlight so it shows all the way on top of your public profile.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mathis


I know this post is neigh 4 months old and I don't want to hikack it but I recently had to re-embed my playlist at the bequest of a SoundCloud rep and now the tracks on my website are in number order 1-43 and not by the most recent upload date which is how they used to be. I don't see why I should have to re-upload everything to get everything in the right order again when it was in the right order to start with. I would really like some help to solve this.
Soundcloud is there anything done, changed yet?
the NEED is here, longer than 2 years
Idiots!!

Boneheaded bullshit like this will destroy your business.
Userlevel 6
Hi LBD,

Thanks for visiting the help forums :)

Unfortunately, there isn't the option to re-arrange the order in which your tracks are shown either in your profile or your stream.

It is possible, however, if you have a pro account or a pro unlimited account, to "spotlight" a selection of your sounds so they appear at the top of your list on your profile page. Pro account users can spotlight 5 of their sounds, I'm not sure with pro unlimited how many spot light tracks you can have but would assume it must be at least the same as the pro package if not a little more.

The below link will explain in a little more detail about the spotlight feature

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/802873-what-is-spotlight-how-does-it-work-

& this explains the order of your sounds in general

http://help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/243745-can-i-re-order-my-sounds-or-playlists-

Hope that helps :)

Regards

DJ R.I.P
I was uploading a compilation for a few rep's over at Focusrite to take a look at, and instead of presenting a neat display of my tracks in the order they should play in, I was left with a mess that I could only rearrange via the playlist window. Needless to say, the Focusrite guys and I had a good laugh at Soundcloud and their poor service. We poked fun at how useless a Pro account is, considering this debacle and many others, and we all decided that it was probably time to jump ship on Soundcloud altogether.

I'll probably leave my tracks up, but to be honest, I'm looking for a new homebase for my music. Here's another vote for yourlisten.com or reverbnation.com or even good ol' YouTube.com

2 years of us begging... Thanks for NOTHING Soundcloud.
Kice - My Portfolio wrote:

You can rearrange tracks in your playlists. Here you go

http://uploadandmanage.help.soundcloud.com/customer/portal/articles/2166979-rearranging-tracks-in-a-...


Thats for pro users only.
Userlevel 2
Jude111 wrote:

I agree. Shits on Soundcloud. Seems a simple enough thing to do, so what's their reason for preventing users from arranging their tracks in the order they'd like to arrange them? FFS, it's the 21st century!


You are wrong. Going pro makes no difference. I am a pro and I still can't order my lists.
Please add feature to re arrange tracks on profile home page. This will be helpful for millions of artists. Please Please.
Just want to voice my support to allow us to choose the track order. It discouraged me from putting more music on SC actually.
Wow, this is really frustrating and shocking you can't even rearrange tracks. Really?!
Dear Soundcloud.
Does the newly restart for Soundcloud include allowing to rearrange your main tracklist?

Reply